In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
For more than 50 years, the PGA TOUR has been a showcase for the world's finest players, organizing premier golf tournaments that have collectively raised an impressive $3.64 billion for charitable causes.
Now, we're on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals eager to contribute to the next exciting chapter in our rich history. Just three years after unveiling our 187,000 square foot Global Headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, we're expanding with the addition of a second building to accommodate our growing business and the surging popularity of our sport.
Introducing PGA TOUR STUDIOS, a cutting-edge media facility spanning three floors and 165,000 square feet. Opening its doors in January 2025, the facility will house eight spacious production control rooms, eight audio control rooms, and versatile studios. With a five-fold expansion in production capabilities, we're gearing up to strengthen our broadcast engineering team. This team will play a crucial role in supporting PGA TOUR LIVE on ESPN+, PGA TOUR international feed, PGA TOUR Champions and Korn Ferry telecasts, original programming, digital content, creative design and more.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to propel your career to new heights with the PGA TOUR.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical School or related experience
- Five years of related experience required
- Extensive experience in live broadcast engineering, within medium to large multicamera production environments
- Customer service centric approach with a positive attitude
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the SMPTE 2110 standards and workflows
- Subject matter expertise in multiple areas, including video switchers, audio consoles, intercoms, replay devices, graphics systems, KVM, video cameras, LED walls, and encoding/decoding systems
- Experience working with commonly used IT technologies in broadcast facilities, such as networking, servers, and virtual machines (VMs)
- Focus on ongoing refinement of procedures, training, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while adapting to changing priorities and meeting the demands of a complex work environment
- Preferred: AWS certifications, experience with streaming and cloud-based broadcast solutions, networking background and certifications, work experience in a large studio facility environment, post-production support experience
- Available for on-call rotation outside of the production schedule and understand that flexibility in shift work might be required, including weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights
- Ability to adjust quickly, be agile, and work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ensure the technical success of live and pre-recorded productions within a team environment
- Mentor team members and lead broadcast infrastructure projects
- Build, implement, and support cutting-edge broadcast infrastructure, which is predominantly driven by SMPTE 2110 and IT technology
- Provide first and second level engineering and sometimes third level support for internal and external clients in areas such as PCR, ACR, Ingest, TOC, NOC, video editing, audio finishing, advanced graphics, and creative services.
- Assist with studio operations, including LED walls with AR/XR video processing systems, cameras, robotic technologies, and lighting.
- Collaborate closely with teams from Remote and Production Operations, IT, Creative Services, TOC, and NOC to support and improve current productions, and build solutions for new productions
- Maintain the existing equipment and conduct research to identify and implement new technologies that can help us deliver innovative solutions
- Primarily support the facility in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL; there may be occasions requiring travel to support remote productions and golf events
- Special Projects or other duties as assigned