In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Director, Technical & Corporate Accounting is responsible for day to day accounting for the corporate accounting areas, including but not limited to cash postings, T&E, debt, equity arrangements, tax incentives & headcount allocation changes, as well as assisting with financial close and reporting on a monthly basis. Additionally, this role will partner with the VP, Technical and Corporate Accounting to ensure operational implementation and the related financial reporting aspects of new technical accounting guidance is achieved timely and effectively. The expectation is that this individual is a change leader and positive influence on the accounting team culture and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA required
- Big Four Accounting Firm or similar size firm experience desired
- ERP experience required, Workday experience desired.
- Seven – ten years of experience in Accounting/Financial field, to include either public accounting firm or corporate level experience with complex intercompany and equity relationships
- Experience with consolidated corporate financial operations and intercompany accounting
- Understanding of application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and current trends in financial operations, as well as best practices in reconciliation and close procedures
- Experience in liaising and leading of annual financial statement audits desired
- Three - five years supervisory experience
- Strong Windows based software skills with expert Excel proficiency
- Ability to interpret regulatory, accounting and contractual requirements as to their impact on financial operations and processes a must, including domestic and international research abilities
- Day to day accounting oversight for corporate accounting including review of journal entries and posting of journal entries where appropriate
- Responsible for accounting for corporate and HQ accounting, inclusive of equity arrangements, investments, new debt arrangements, new equity structures, intercompany and eliminations
- Lead the process, implementation, day to day accounting for any new TOUR structures
- Liaison with the tax team to ensure corporate accounting postings/changes are cleared also by tax
- Liaison with the financial systems and innovation team to ensure the corporate accounting teams needs for system adjustments and enhancements are being heard and implemented
- Assist in for the liaising with a separate operational finance team or implementing on the corporate accounting team the guidance in an operational form – taking the research and project to closure
- Establishing “accounting trainings” for the finance team as a whole, including Balance Sheet 101, new guidance education, the best practices of reconciliations and journal entries. This role will own this responsibility with an education session on at least a quarterly basis.
- Assist in preparation and first level review of financial statements, including variance analysis – focused more heavily on the balance sheet, but also overview of the P&L on a monthly basis
- Assist in the development, implementation and communication processes and procedures that are efficient and effective and be a change leaders for the organization (i.e. ASC 842 system implementation/adoption)
- Facilitating intercompany relationships, transactions and eliminations, including reconciling and maintaining appropriate support and documentation
- Approvals of headcount allocations to be set in Workday
- Assist in debt compliance documentation/reporting
- Assist in foreign statutory financial statement preparation
- Develop and encourage team to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.