In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Best Players Need the Best People.
The PGA TOUR Official Statistician is responsible for designation and definition of official golf and PGA TOUR statistics. Responsibile for quality control and will work with Golf Technology department to define those statistics for effective measurement within limits of available technology provided by Golf Tech. This position will develop definitions to effectively collect historical data for ingestion as well as lead appropriate forums for discussion of disputed areas. Will grow fan forums for statistical analysis and debate and provide analysis for creative discussion and growth of fan interest in PGA TOUR data to drive player interest.
- B.S. in Statistics, data analysis or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years analysis experience including R, SAS or similar software packages. Demonstrated creative use of PGA TOUR data to further discussion in golf statistics.
- Familiarity with history of PGA TOUR, golf and key areas of discussion and dispute in golf statistical history.
- Demonstrated contribution to furthering discussion in golf statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in broadcast communication, including a reel with experience in TV, radio, podcast or other forums.
- Demonstrated written proficiency including academic sample. Additional samples demonstrating ability to make challenging statistical concepts simple in a public forum.
- Awareness of, and ideally existing relationships with key personnel in professional golf statistics, most notably player consultants.
- Strong leadership qualifications, including trust building with new constituents and ability to lead through persuasion.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with cloud computing infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with project stakeholders, team members, management and vendors/business partners
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team. Capable of quickly building strong relationships with the internal project team and business stakeholders
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills to evaluate and rationalize project issues and requests as they arise, along with an ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Defines, documents and troubleshoots golf statistics in the context of the PGA TOUR
- Works with Golf Technology team to ensure accurate collection and computation of those values and with digital team to ensure accurate reporting
- Creatively analyzes golf statistics for development of new storytelling opportunities
- Develops and nurtures relationships with players and their representatives to better use golf statistics
- Works with rules team to ensure they have all needed information to effectively perform their responsibilities
- Works with broadcast and digital teams to make expertise available and to pitch opportunities to explain key statistics using technique to make engaging and compelling content
- Develops public presence and engages with public forums around golf statistics, developing the credibility to be the ultimate arbiter of truth in golf statistical matters
- Leads development of new golf statistics and creatively proposes new visualization and information provisions methods and techniques
- Other duties as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.