In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
2024 INDIANA SECTION PGA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Job Overview: The primary focus of this position will be to assist the Director of Player Development in the execution of programs and events and assist our IGA, PGA, and Junior Tournament staff with our Fall and Spring tournaments.
Indiana Golf is unique to the majority of the rest of the country in that all major golf entities are located under one administrative setting: The Indiana Section PGA, Indiana Golf Association, Indiana Women’s Golf Association, Indiana Golf Course Superintendents Association, Indiana Golf Foundation and First Tee- Indiana.
The 2024 Fellowship is designed to provide a well-rounded experience giving our candidate opportunities to learn a variety of golf-related skills. For this position, the following areas will be emphasized:
Player Development: Drive, Chip and Putt:
● Assist with the setup, execution, and management of all Indiana PGA Drive Chip & Putt Qualifiers.
● Assist with PGA HOPE programming and operations including: communications with PGA Professionals and military services centers, tracking and reporting, veteran volunteer program, and marketing/PR.
Indiana PGA Women’s Initiative:
● Assist with the development, promotion and implementation of the Indiana PGA Women’s Initiative Clinics and Indiana Women’s Golf Day.
Indiana PGA Career Night:
● Work with the Director of Business Operations & Membership to organize, promote and administer the annual Indiana PGA Career Night or Nights depending on the plans for 2024.
PGA Junior League:
● Assist with the day to day administration of PGA Junior League.
● Assist with conducting the Indiana PGA Junior League Section Championship.
● Assist with planning and implementation of the PGA Annual Meeting.
● Assist with planning and implementation of the PGA Teaching Summit.
Indiana Golf Foundation Indiana Junior Golf Program:
● Assist with the preparation and administration of the Spring and Fall Tournament Series.
Indiana Golf Association & Indiana Section PGA Tournaments:
● Assist with select Indiana Golf Association and Indiana Section PGA events during the Spring and Fall seasons.
• Undergraduate Degree
• Shows an interest in developing a career in golf.
• Valid Driver’s License Required
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Suite
• Skills in social media marketing and communications
• Well organized, punctual, and energetic
• Ability to work in a team environment and travel extensively
• Ability to work overtime to include weekends
• Ability to influence with an open and direct communication style and willing to engage in constructive debate.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Ability to make presentations, present information, and respond to questions representing Indiana Golf.
• Ability to apply judgment and decision-making skills.
• Ability to write reports and standard business correspondence.
• Ability to present self in a professional manner and appearance.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position must be able to travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee must be able to drive the company vehicle/van and/or drive to and from various locations throughout the Section.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LOCATION: Headquarters is located in the Indianapolis area. We service the entire state of Indiana and travel throughout the summer.
SALARY: $37,500 including medical. The Indiana Golf will cover event/competition related travel expenditures (hotel, meals, etc.) while on assignment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled