The Western NY PGA REACH Foundation is offering an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the administrative
aspect of the golf business by hiring an individual from a diverse background to work on our team for a 1-year term
● The PGA WORKS Fellowship is intentionally focused on engaging a diverse demographic of participants
with consideration to the following protected classes: Gender, Age, Race/Color, National Origin/Ancestry,
Sexual Orientation, Disability and Veteran Status- though anyone is welcome to apply.
● Ultimately, the Western NY PGA REACH Foundation desires to establish a network of diverse talent who
are prepared to ascend to key employment positions in the game and business of golf.
The Western NY PGA REACH Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and philanthropic arm of The Western
NY PGA Section, one of 41 Sections across the country dedicated to growing the game of golf, serving the PGA Member,
and elevating the standards of the PGA Professional. The Western NY PGA was founded in 1925 under the umbrella of
the PGA of America and is home to 300 men and women PGA Professionals from Buffalo, Rochester and Northwestern
PA. Our team at the Section Office is composed of dedicated, passionate people who care deeply about serving our
Professionals and community through golf. We are hard workers; we are creative; we have fun.
SECTION STAFF MISSION:
To provide a first-class experience for WNYPGA Members and Foundation benefactors in all tournaments, events,
initiatives, and programming. Our team works in a collaborative, fun environment and has a passion for sharing their love
for the game of golf with others.
BENEFIT OF THE POSITION:
The Western New York Section has a proven track record of placing employees in their next role. The Executive Director
and Section have a true passion for career development and future employment mentorship. The goal would be to work
with the Director of Competitions on their career development while they are employed by the Western New York PGA
● A “can do” attitude with dynamic personality
● Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies
● Undergraduate Degree
● Valid Driver’s License Required
● Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
● Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word & Excel
● Skills in social media marketing and communications
● Well organized, punctual, and energetic
● Ability to work in a team environment and travel
● Ability to work overtime to include weekends
● Ability to be flexible
OVERALL JOB SUMMARY:
The primary focus of this position will be to assist the Western NY PGA REACH Foundation in executing PGA REACH
programs in the Youth, Military and Diversity & Inclusion pillars. National PGA REACH program examples include:
● MILITARY Pillar | PGA HOPE Program – PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship
military program of PGA REACH and is designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities in order
to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
● YOUTH Pillar | PGA Jr League – PGA Jr League (PGAJL) is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for
boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league
sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. The kids learn the game
among their peers with professional instruction and direction from PGA/LPGA Professionals who serve
as team captains. Parents also play an active role, making the program a family activity and creating
another generation of players to enjoy the game.
● DIVERSITY & INCLUSION Pillar | PGA WORKS – PGA WORKS is a workforce diversification
strategic initiative designed to evolve the demographic composition of the golf industry workforce and
develop a robust pool of talent from diverse backgrounds who are prepared to ascend to key employment
positions in the business of golf.
PGA WORKS Fellowship duties include but are not limited to:
● Assisting the PGA Section with all aspects of PGA REACH and WNYPGA Section foundation
programming including communications, logistics, site and member recruitment, promotions, scheduling,
sponsor activation, budgeting, billing, and event execution.
● Assisting the PGA Section marketing and communications team to ensure PGA REACH and PGA
Section foundation activities that occur in the PGA Section are documented and reported to national PGA
REACH social media and public relations resources as well as PGA Section resources.
● Assisting the fundraising efforts of PGA REACH and the PGA Section Foundation as needed.
● Assist with PGA HOPE programming and operations including: communications with PGA Professionals
and military services centers, tracking and reporting, veteran volunteer program, and marketing/PR.
● Assist with the recruitment of PGA Members for and promotion of PGA Jr. League.
● Assisting the day-to-day operations of the Section’s Drive, Chip & Putt Championship local, sub-regional
and regional competitions, in cooperation with the PGA of America, USGA and Augusta National Golf
● Assist in the day to day responsibilities of managing the PGA REACH Initiative including: partner
organization communications, tracking and reporting, and marketing/PR.
● Assisting with planning, pairings, course setup, onsite management and post event communication for
PGA Jr. League, WNYPGA Junior Tour, and Section Tournaments, as applicable.
● Assist with event preparation, management, promotion, committee support, communications and
sponsor/donor tracking for the PGA REACH Pro-Am, Duster Challenge, 100 Holes for HOPE, Charity
Hockey Classic and other fundraising initiatives.
● Assist with Western NY PGA REACH Foundation marketing, communications and PR including: website
updates, social media, creative marketing, and email communications.
● Assist Foundation Board of Trustees with selection and distribution of Growth of the Game Program.
● Assist Marketing Team to create a video of all 2022 Foundation local programs.
● Assist Western NY PGA REACH Foundation and PGA WORKS (national) in the awareness of the PGA
WORKS Fellowship to help attract new candidates for Western NY PGA REACH Foundation Fellowship
POSITION / PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. An employee in this position must be able to
travel for extended periods of time in various modes of transportation.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● The employee must be able to drive to and from various locations throughout the Section.
● Salary of $35,000
● Strategic Plan merit based annual bonus potential of up to $500
● Reimbursement for work related travel at IRS rate
● Laptop and Wifi Hotspot provided
● Staff uniforms provided
● Playing and practice privileges at the Homesite, Glen Oak GC during golf season and on simulators in the offseason.