*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Join a team of proud, passionate, and caring people that together share their diverse talents and backgrounds to serve our members and grow the game of golf. Being at the PGA of America means you are supported, respected, and appreciated for your contributions.
The Talent and Engagement Leader manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that talent acquisition programs that align to the PGA business goals and recruitment strategy are developed and implemented. This position will also assist in conducting full life cycle recruitment in sourcing the best talent, as well as developing and maintaining effective programs for retention and promotion.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for overseeing and sourcing talent by using company career pages, electronic job boards, career fairs, social media, and other sourcing avenues to develop a pool of diversified and qualified candidates to fill vacancies and in advance of need. Evaluate quality and quantity of pipeline and identify and implement process improvements. Oversees and administers Predictive Index (PI) behavioral assessments.
- Responsible for overseeing the administration and compliance of the PGA’s contingent workforce. Work closely with department leaders advising them of any concerns or issues. Monitor sites used by leaders to secure talent to ensure all applicable policies are being followed.
- Work closely with hiring leaders to ensure that they are knowledgeable about the recruitment process. Collaborate closely with leaders in learning and utilizing the applicant tracking system. Schedule engagement meetings with hiring leaders to discuss position details, ideal candidate profiles, and realistic turn-around times on screening, interviewing, and presenting qualified candidates.
- Ensure recruiting strategy, methodology, and processes are aligned with business needs, talent strategy and desired employee capabilities/skills with a focus on diversity and inclusion. Track and report progress against diversity initiatives.
- Ensure the PGA’s shared values are incorporated in every aspect of the employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding.
- Work closely with Workday HCM Optimization Lead to collect and coordinate aggregate data for the talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate level. This includes current headcount reporting, open position analysis and other workforce planning reports as needed.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with several temporary agencies. Serve as liaison between temporary agencies and departments requesting temporary staff. Responsible for contract negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents. Create and maintain job profiles in Workday.
- Assist with assessing jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various People Team/Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and standards.
- Consult with leaders on the appropriate resolution of employee performance, employee conduct, and general employee relations issues. Ensure company actions limit any potential liability. Notify leadership of potential employee relation concerns.
- Responsible for the oversight and administration of the PGA Internship Programs. Ensuring a focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Facilitate and/or provide training to the workforce. Ensure training portals are meeting the needs of the organization.
- Create, distribute and develop employee communications materials.
- Provide recommendations for the development, revision and implementation of associated People Team/Human Resources policies.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Schedule and conduct out-briefings for terminating employees. Provide feedback to management from these sessions. Gather and provide information necessary to process unemployment claims.
- Manage background company relationships and ensure the process is running smoothly.
- Assist the Engagement Coordinator in the coordination of employee activities.
- Help ensure the organization's values-based culture thrives by keeping the People Team leaders aware of the pulse of the workforce; recognizing and discussing any cultural concerns.
Embody the organization's shared values and help ensure the organization's values-based culture thrives by proactively identifying and addressing any shared values challenges and opportunities impacting you and your team. Keep Leadership aware of the pulse of the workforce; recognizing, discussing, and addressing any cultural concerns.
This is a supervisory position responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
Assists with the preparation and oversight of the Department budget and for monitoring results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Seven years’ experience in human resources, with emphasis in recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, employee relations and HRIS administration. Prior experience in the coordination and management of contingent workforce is preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs. Experience in sourcing talent through the internet, social media, networking, job postings, as well as job fairs and college recruiting.
- Predictive Index (PI) certified or ability to become certified upon employment.
- Prior Workday experience is strongly preferred.
- Two-year team management experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of recruiting methods, concepts, best practices as well as employment laws, including the ability to interpret the law and apply it to company situations as they arise.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Resources Information systems, including report writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information with the highest level of integrity.
- Proven proficiency in the use of Google Workspace and HRIS systems, recruitment related software, and database mining.
Ability to travel up to 10%. It is the policy of the PGA that all employees either (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or (2) take and provide proof of weekly COVID-19 tests and wear a face covering while working indoors or while in a vehicle with another person for work purposes.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PGA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, to ensure full equality of opportunity in all operations and activities of the organization, every staff member employed by the PGA shall be selected under fair employment procedures that provide equal employment opportunities to all people. DFWP.