*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Join a team of proud, passionate, and caring people that together share their diverse talents and backgrounds to serve our members and grow the game of golf. Being at the PGA of America means you are supported, respected, and appreciated for your contributions.
The Director, Digital Golf Platform Operations for PGA Interactive will be responsible for facilitating strategic development, overseeing implementation, and managing the day-to-day operations of the PGA of America’s Member + Consumer platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
Define and drive the PGA Interactive Member/Consumer platform strategy through product, technology, membership, coaching/player development, and content development. Responsible for overall business implementation and operations of our platform business strategy.
Oversee the PGA Interactive transactional business model in partnership with account management, product, finance, and analytics teams. Develop important direct-to-consumer (DTC) business benchmarks, such as lifetime value (LTV) and cost per acquisition (CPA), and use these metrics for appropriate forecasting and roadmap prioritization.
- Create a partnership framework and collateral for licensing and strategic platform partners that can scale across many types of partnerships, particularly in support of PGA’s area of coaching and golf operations.
- Manage the pipeline of PGA Interactive business partners, primarily documenting and knowing the status of ongoing discussions, and leading many of the negotiations.
- Create a process internally at the PGA which manages and documents digital obligations through all of our partnerships.
- Build appropriate processes to align business development activities to post-deal execution with the account management team.
- Lead renewal discussions for strategic and licensing partners.
- Develop and sustain an appropriate quantitative measurement approach to PGA Interactive’s performance.
- Oversee analytical capabilities of the business and provide a reporting cadence and templates to monitoring platform performance.
- Support and develop our culture to be quantitatively grounded with KPIs, goals, and other industry-standard management practices.
- Manage collateral and planning in support of our PGA Officer, PGA Board, and PGA Interactive Advisory Committee meetings throughout the year.
- Oversee consumer growth strategies in support of platform growth, partnership sales, and digital marketing.
- Apply a Project Management toolset to our cross-functional projects that span many teams, workstreams, and deadlines.
MATRIX TEAM ALIGNMENT
- Partner with product and technology on developing a roadmap and sequentially timed plans that fit with other matrix teams.
- Work with partnerships and sales on developing an appropriate commercialization strategy for products and content in the market.
- Manage legal liability on our overall business strategy and implementation in partnership with the PGA legal team.
Embody the organization's shared values and help ensure the organization's values-based culture thrives by proactively identifying and addressing any shared values challenges and opportunities impacting you and your team. Keep Leadership aware of the pulse of the workforce; recognizing, discussing, and addressing any cultural concerns.
This role will have supervisory and matrix team management responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Marketing or related field. Masters’ Degree preferred
- Seven years of experience in both golf and/or digital businesses. Specific experience in golf coaching, golf operations, or as a PGA Member is a plus.
- Four years of team management experience.
- Understanding of the ADM model for golf and the Coaching & Player Development principles of the PGA of America.
- Direct-to-consumer (DTC) and/or multi-sided platform experience is a plus.
- Data and compliance experience is a plus.
- Must possess gravitas with excellent communication skills and the ability to present in a dynamic and persuasive manner to senior stakeholders and team members.
- Well-versed in the golf industry, major technology and coaching platforms, and familiarity with National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and inner workings of their relationships, particularly the PGA of America, its Members and its Sections.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of multi-sided platform strategy and digital marketplace development. Knowledge and deep understanding of the power and potential of brands & IP and how they can be harnessed. Proven ability and robust experience of building trusted partnerships and inspiring confidence with key stakeholders in a matrix environment is essential. Ability to showcase a demonstrated understanding of the USOC’s ADM and Golf’s ADM as the framework for a consumer development pathway. Knowledge of Google Suite and recruitment related software.
Ability to travel 10% which requires individuals to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to travel on PGA Business both Ground and Air.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
PGA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, to ensure full equality of opportunity in all operations and activities of the organization, every staff member employed by the PGA shall be selected under fair employment procedures that provide equal employment opportunities to all people. DFWP.