*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Join a team of proud, passionate, and caring people that together share their diverse talents and backgrounds to serve our members and grow the game of golf. Being at the PGA of America means you are supported, respected, and appreciated for your contributions.
The Mobile Engineer will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, and engineers to design and build products that our PGA Coaches and consumers love. Build mobile products to address customer needs that are reliable, valuable, usable, and feasible. Help connect our PGA Coaches with anyone interested in playing golf better, enjoying golf with their friends, or using golf to become healthier.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features. Participate in “design time” with other engineers to explore different component design tradeoffs and test decisions.
- Dream about how people develop relationships in golf through products you build. Working in all phases of the Software Development lifecycle, you’ll be test driving new components, collaborating with other engineers to make the right clean code tradeoffs, and evolving integrations with legacy systems.
- Iterating on your products, as both coaches and consumers provide feedback. You’ll be learning about people and the role golf plays in their lives. At all times you value placing customers first and adapting as you learn.
- Help build a world-class team and cultivate innovation.
- Mentor and train other team members on new technologies, design techniques, and coding standards.
- Actively seek out customer and market insights that lead to high-value digital products.
Together with our content team, design, product management, other engineers, and partners in golf, you’re building an entire platform connecting an ecosystem of golf products, so it’s crucial you’re a collaborative and inclusive team member.
Shipping is more than just agile development processes. All your work is grounded in what we’ll deliver to our customers, but you’ll push our products to the farthest reaches of their potential. As part of a multidisciplinary squad you’ll tackle user needs together and provide creative solutions while balancing development best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Programming, Computer Science or related field. Master’s, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field preferred.
- Four years of experience working in mobile application development.
- Experience in cross-platform mobile development (Flutter preferred, but not required)
- Experience in GraphQL and REST based API integration.
- Experience writing automated tests to the extent necessary to maintain and evolve systems.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data and ability to logically structure processes and procedures.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Excellent cross-group collaboration skills and ability to impact outcomes in a fast-paced, matrixed environment. High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Ability to demonstrate a problem-solving aptitude and analytical mind with a business acumen. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite.
Some travel may be required.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The PGA of America is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DFWP.