In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Youth on Course (YOC) is an internationally recognized non-profit based in Monterey, CA serving more than 140,000 youth through subsidized rounds of golf, high school internships, and college scholarships. The organization has grown rapidly and has a presence in all 50 states and Canada. It is supported with nearly 2,000 golf course partners and more than 8,000 unique donors.
The Chief Marketing Officer will manage all YOC marketing and communications programs and is responsible for member growth and satisfaction as well as brand positioning within the donor base and allied golf associations. The position manages a staff of four which includes brand management, public relations, and customer success. YOC is a small but mighty team and seeks an experienced marketer to guide the organization into its next phase. The CMO is a member of the executive leadership team and will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, Chief Development Officer and VP of Programs. The role is based in Monterey, California and no remote work arrangements will be considered.
- Responsible for crafting the message, building the brand and driving awareness across multiple audiences.
- Responsible for driving membership, membership retention, member satisfaction and member engagement through app, website and other mediums.
- Build relationships with media, influencers, and key golf and non-profit stakeholders to help advance the YOC brand and core purpose.
- Act as main point of contact for agency relationships to synchronize strategy and maximize investments.
- Create strategy and consistency surrounding all brand and visual identity elements. Ensure that consistency includes allied golf association partners and their own YOC-related campaigns. This may require specific travel.
- Supervise four full-time employees, which includes all recruitment, hiring, performance management, and all aspects of the employee life cycle. Additionally, may manage independent contractors for marketing & communications products.
- Work with marketing staff to increase scope, frequency and ROI of messaging to appropriate audiences (donors, members, golf courses, partners, etc.).
- Evaluate strategy and analyze budget for paid and organic social, SEO, Google AdWords, etc.
- Work with internal staff and agencies to develop fresh campaign ideas for video and other mediums. This may include creating go-to-market campaigns for various program and fundraising initiatives.
- Act as the driver for donor, partner and member messaging, including the creation of new content.
- Source and develop industry partnerships with program and development teams to bring value to YOC members.
- Implement data-driven decision-making activities across the department
- Must have a willingness to get your hands dirty and have a “no job is too small” mindset.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Other duties as assigned, including professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years relevant marketing experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in marketing, brand management, PR, etc.
- A passion for helping youth gain access to life-changing opportunities.
- Leadership skills—setting priorities, and action plans to work across departments to meet objectives.
- A positive, professional attitude and sense of humor. We’re a competitive group and celebrate wins of all sizes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to speak publicly on behalf of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage logistics for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office suite, Google Drive suite, CRM, website, and SEO.
- Must have a valid US driver's license.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Hubspot.
- Strong familiarity with golf.
- Creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm but late nights won’t be unusual…it’s a work hard, play hard culture.
- Travel 10-25% of the job.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is $130,000-$170,000, based on commensurate experience. The benefits package includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance, with dependents eligible with added premiums paid by the employee.
- Participation in the company’s 401k plan after one full year of employment.
- “PAR Program” - performance award paid into 401k, with a target of 5% of salary, but can range from 0% to 10%.
- PTO, holidays, meals, and golf benefits also included.
- Performance based bonus.
After applying through Teamwork Online, you will be rerouted to our company's job board (Paychex), and you must apply through this link to be considered for the position.