In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Architectural Design Associate assists in leading and supporting complex projects and initiatives through the preplanning and design activities of ANGC capital projects. This position leads, directs, and coordinates the design teams, architects, engineers, consultants, internal and external resources and related specialty consultants through the design and assists in transition from concept planning stages through construction.
The Architectural Design Associate will have direct interaction with key stakeholders mining data to improve project design, budgets, schedules, existing operations and processes for impactful results that support a data driven culture that enables ANGC decision makers to make timely, accurate and critical business decisions for Campus Development. Applying strong analytical capabilities with design and planning skills that will support a variety of projects that will be responsible for driving our competitive advantage, operational efficiency, and support possible revenue enhancement while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manages complex planning studies, collecting proposed scope items to ANGC projects/initiatives and documenting these items
- Provides multiple diagrammatic, concept level graphic representations of approved scope/knowledge
- Assist in reviews of consultant proposals making recommendations or and approvals
- Schedules and conducts meetings with business owners, key stakeholders, and design teams with Planning Manager and/or Project Managers
- Works closely with internal and external design teams and SME’s on the front end to ensure proper development and coordination of provided architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Manages and edits documentation related to preconstruction and design based on ANGC standards and precedents
- Advises the Director of Campus Development and Planning and Development Manager on building designs and options.
- Evaluates operations and activities of assigned third parties and provides feedback for improvements and modifications as needed
- Assists in long range planning project budgets, administers bidding process, verifies contract expenditures and compliance as approved and/or assigned by Planning and Project Managers
- Performs field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that projects comply with approved plans
- Oversees and responsible for all digital filing in and out of Campus Development department systems
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job
- Provide Masters Tournament support as determined by the Director of Campus Development
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Suite
- Ability to learn and gain proficiency in construction related software programs
- Ability to understand graphic scales and read architectural drawings and work within design related software programs comment to the design and construction industries
- Proficient in Bluebeam software (or similar) for the creation and modification of PDF documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- BIM experience preferred
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Possesses excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic skills for preparing and presenting projects
- Problem solving from a practical level with solid construction means and methods in collaboration with Project & Development Manager, Project Managers, and Construction Managers
- Capable of managing multiple, high-priority assignments
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined planning problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of: client relationships, interpersonal skills, leadership and organizational skills, project and scope management and recording, design take offs and estimating and design scheduling
- Knowledge and/or experience in quick paced construction processes
- Budgeting procedures and techniques preferred
- Knowledge of local/typical government procedures and practices preferred
- Principles and practices of supervision and personnel management when required
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures and hold team members and outside consultants accountable to those standards.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Architecture Engineering/Design/Related Disciplines, Civil Engineering or related field required
- Professional Certifications and Licensure preferred, but not required
- 4+ years of work experience in architectural design settings, vertical building development settings, and/or construction related industry
- Familiarity with a golf course environment and the game of golf preferred, but not required
- Portfolio of recent/current/relevant work to be submitted for hiring committee review
- Non architectural drawings and drafting can also be submitted as desired
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
This position is occasionally required to move and carry up to 50 pounds with moderate bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. There are required intervals of walking, standing, stair climbing, and sitting during the day. Equipment used includes, but is not limited to: computer, printer, scanner, plotter, copier, two-way radio system, phone system, GPS equipment, and golf cart.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility