Player Services Intern - American Junior Golf Association (Braselton · GA)
American Junior Golf Association jobs
Sports Jobs in Braselton · GA
AJGA MISSION & DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
The American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe y embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to accomplish our mission of developing golf’s next generation.
The Player Services department is responsible for all customer service aspects of the AJGA. Player Services staff report directly to the Vice President of Player Services but work closely with the entire department in a support role. This position provides customer service support to our playing membership. This position also assists with all tasks related to preparing and sending AJGA membership gifts on a weekly basis.
- Assist AJGA players and parents to successfully navigate the AJGA and junior golf via telephone
- Respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Process and file Proof-of-Age documentation
- Contact new members to welcome them to the AJGA and provide guidance and address questions
Membership Gift Fulfillment
- Receive, inventory, organize, prepare and track all membership gift items and packing materials
- Print customized letters to include in membership gift packages and mailing labels for packages
- Pack and apply postage to all membership gifts
- Answer the main telephone switchboard when needed
- Assist with filling Qualifier and Tournament fields
- Other projects as requested
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic understanding of golf helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is located at our headquarters in Braselton, Georgia.
- Employees are expected to work Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (40 hours a week)
- Position could vary from April – July/August.
- Compensation is $10 per hour. The AJGA does not provide housing, food and travel costs.
Application Deadline – March 01, 2022