About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home (Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington, D.C.)
About the Position
This position will involve managing all aspects of creative services and project management, supporting all-league and team initiatives from concept to project completion.
What you will do
- Establish and maintain workflow process.
- Establish and maintain an accessible relationship with all departments at XFL, including but not limited to, Marketing, Social Media, Consumer Products and Corporate Communications, as well as external creative agencies.
- Support project management across all eight XFL teams (including onboarding a project management system that helps to manage all team-by-team creative).
- Work closely with a Creative Director and Designers to determine specs and production techniques as well as troubleshoot any issues and offer creative solutions.
- Projects include but not limited to, digital promotion and advertising, press events, ad sales support and in-stadium graphics.
- Manage projects through all phases of the design, approval and production process to ensure that timelines, budget requirements and job specifications are met.
- Obtain estimates and secure vendors based on quality, cost, service and turnaround time.
- Interface with outside vendors, staying current with industry trends.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any production issues.
What you will bring
- Minimum of four years experience in project management for an ad agency, in-house creative department or design studio
- Thorough knowledge of production management principles and practices with a working knowledge of print production.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining production schedules and budgets for multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects through all phases of design, prepress, and production.
- Experience with live events and/or sports league marketing a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and FileMaker Pro.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a wide range of internal and external clients.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, punctual, self-directed and flexible to changing priorities or circumstances.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **