About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The Merchandise Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Director of Direct to Consumer Merchandise with product assortment planning, product setup, vendor management and product sales tracking in our e-commerce and stadium merchandise channels. This candidate will have a proven track record as a self-starter, be detail oriented and work collaboratively across the team and league to deliver exceptional results for the organization.
What you will do
- Support overall merchandising activities across direct to consumer for e-commerce and stadium merchandising.
- Handle day-to-day tasks related to product development and sourcing activities at both the league and team level, including cutting POs, setting up vendors, paying invoices, tracking deliverables, QA/brand assurance, etc.
- Help define processes and support merchandise operations, including the e-commerce website, back-office systems, venue merchandise operations and inventory planning.
- Work closely with the football operations team to help execute “on-field” merchandise strategies and tactics to ensure each team has the proper merchandise and gear.
- Work within defined budgets and deliver against key performance metrics.
How You Will Be Measured
- Merchandise sales across key selling channels.
- Delivering against key merchandise needs at the league and team level.
- Contribution to key revenue lines and delivery of the overall business plan.
What you will bring
- 2+ years of merchandise development/selling experience with an emphasis on consumer e-commerce and event merchandising.
- Experience in the sports and/or entertainment industries is a plus.
- BA/BS required.
- Familiarity with product assortment planning, product development and merchandising.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) is a must.
- Experience working with inventory management systems, generating POs, etc. is a huge plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **