IT Project Manager with XFL in Stamford · CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford · CT
Technical Services: Project Management
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home (Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington, D.C.)
About the Position
The XFL seeks a contract Project Manager with strong IT physical layer design, build-out and relocation experience. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with in-depth office technical build out knowledge and experience managing complex IT relocation projects.
Qualified candidates must have strong project management, in-depth cabling infrastructure design and IT construction management skills. They should also be familiar with many of the following: structured cabling, wireless networks, workplace design and construction, collaboration tools, audio/video system design and implementation, physical security and smart office systems.
This position is to start immediately and is a 4-8 week contract position leading the technical build out of the XFL team offices and practice facilities across the US (16 locations). This is a hands-on and fast paced position, based in our offices at Stamford CT, Jersey City, NJ or your home office. Travel to the new sites is not required, but some travel to Stamford will be necessary.
What you will do
- Act as technology representative at construction meetings as well as internal project manager for team affiliates including IT and Facilities, etc.
- Work with internal and external technical teams to understand and manage delivery of various workstreams (cabling, A/V, networking, security etc) for the successful build out of the XFL regional locations.
- Collaboratively develop/document requirements, formulate solutions, communicate risks/benefits clearly and expertly manage expectations throughout the project.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or an IT-related field is desired.
- At least 5 years of IT project delivery experience managing complex projects focused on workplace technology implementation or large relocation projects, including design, implementation and user relocation.
- Experience managing business-critical IT workplace technology projects such as physical layer design, IT construction project management, cabling infrastructure, A/V integration, physical security, end user relocation and new office build-out.
- Prior professional services or consulting experience managing large technology relocation projects is a plus.
- Background should include a mix of hands-on physical layer technical knowledge and exposure to current and future technology requirement assessments.
- Excellent conceptualization, articulation, presentation and facilitation skills are essential.
- Should be knowledgeable in several of the following areas: workplace design and construction, technology collaboration tools, workplace architecture and construction, audiovisual system design and implementation and smart office systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?