Director, Direct to Consumer Merchandising with XFL in Stamford, CT
Sports Jobs in Stamford, CT
Retail/Licensing: Licensing Sales/Marketing
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The Director, DTC Merchandising will be responsible for all aspects of the XFL’s direct to consumer merchandising, including owning the strategy through execution for both league and team-level merchandise assortments, e-commerce and stadium merchandising and DTC operations. This candidate will have a proven track record as a self-starter, and will build, lead and mentor a results-oriented, high-performing team of professionals who will work collaboratively across the team and league to deliver exceptional results for the organization.
What you will do
- Develop the overall merchandising strategy across direct to consumer for e-commerce and stadium merchandising.
- Oversee all product development and sourcing activities at both the league and team level.
- Define and own all merchandise operations, including the e-commerce website, back-office systems, venue merchandise operations, inventory planning, marketing and promotions.
- Work closely with the football operations team to develop and execute “on-field” merchandise strategies and tactics to ensure each team has the proper merchandise and gear.
- Develop key merchandise and operational relationships and partnerships.
- Drive innovation in the direct to consumer merchandise selling space, including omnichannel opportunities.
- Oversee budgets and deliver against key performance metrics.
How You Will Be Measured
- Merchandise sales across key selling channels.
- Delivering against key merchandise needs at the league and team level.
- Contribution to key revenue lines and delivery of the overall business plan.
What you will bring
- 7-10 years of fan-based merchandise development/selling experience with an emphasis on consumer e-commerce and event merchandising.
- Expertise in the sports and/or entertainment industries.
- BA/BS required.
- Understanding of the overall product lifecycle.
- Detailed assortment planning, product development and merchandising.
- Ability to lead while managing complexity and ambiguity, understanding business challenges and creating forward-thinking solutions.
- Expertise in marketing and digital technology, and overall knowledge of the sports-entertainment and media landscape.
- Specific success increasing revenue and generating brand energy.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including stakeholder/relationship management and a strong executive presence.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**
How did you hear about this job?