ABOUT THE XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
ABOUT THE POSITION
XFL is seeking a creative, meticulous and versatile Digital Content Manager. As a member of the XFL’s content team, primarily based out of XFL Headquarters in Stamford, CT, this person will be responsible for writing, editing and day-to-day management of the league’s website and social platforms. The ideal candidate should be passionate about digital content trends and utilize a journalistic approach to content creation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage day-to-day editorial production and programming efforts for flagship XFL website, including league and team content and other XFL-branded digital content and social platforms.
- Produce engaging digital content for the XFL.com website and social platforms operated by XFL, encompassing functional updates, article and headline writing, editing, interactive Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat Story construction and video playlist curation.
- Perform other content and programming duties including XFL.com homepage and XFL App home screen management, leveraging news judgment and data analytics to drive editorial decision-making.
- Collaborate with the XFL Communications team to curate third party news content (print and video) for repurposing on XFL digital and social channels.
- Pitch and generate original content across multiple formats, including articles, photo galleries, polls, video presentations and other interactive features.
- Develop content programming and marketing strategies for XFL video content, including both live shows and original series.
- Coordinate with digital design, photography, social media and video production teams to support daily multifaceted, multimedia content creation.
- Produce and conduct interviews with XFL coaches, athletes, staff, fans, etc. and assist in execution of on-location video and photo productions, with availability to travel when required.
- Independently generate grammatically accurate and polished copy with minimal edits required.
- Keep current with XFL news, roster moves and on-field results.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 5-7 years experience in sports, news, entertainment, television and/or interactive content field, with a focus on content production and channel programming.
- “Digital native” background in writing, editing and collaborating on the web or mobile space with a proven ability to conceive and produce high-quality, high-interest content.
- Strong editorial judgment with a proven track record for independently conceiving and publishing compelling content across multiple mediums.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Impeccable grammar and diction required.
- Experience working with content and video management systems (Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, etc.).
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with exceptional time management and multitasking skills, with an ability to thrive under pressure.
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of football (formations, X’s and O’s, terminology, history) a plus but not mandatory.
- Copyediting experience and AP Style familiarity preferred.
- Proven proficiency using the Internet as a content cultivation resource and for other various uses.
- Familiarity with analytics tools and metric tracking (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Ability to traffic digital ads and manage campaigns is a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**