About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
XFL is seeking an Art Director to design creative within its XFL Creative Services team. This team is responsible for the ideation and development of all off-air marketing and promotional materials supporting the league and its eight teams. This role reports to the XFL Creative Director.
Your core responsibility is to develop all creative materials- from design through production, including key art, logo designs and cohesive brand campaigns that work across all mediums with a focus on digital and print as you broaden your skill set in a 360-degree design environment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for football and strong design sensibilities. This position will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop solutions and design visuals that showcase the reimagined game of football and excitement of the XFL.
What you will do
- Work directly with the Creative Director, Marketing team, Copywriters, and other Art Directors to develop off-air creative from concept to completion.
- Explore/develop/produce innovative ideas appropriate to the client's marketing strategy within the stated deadline and budget.
- Develop multiple concepts that deliver strategic creative.
- Justify your ideas and decisions with smart rationale, while staying open to other effective solutions.
- Promote design and visual ideas that are fresh, original and elevate the brand.
- Coordinate with production, ensuring quality work that is on time.
- Keep current on the latest techniques of design, graphics, layouts, typography
and photography; seek new and innovative techniques.
- Take assets and create digital banners for online and social campaigns (design and code for online environments).
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of sports/entertainment industry experience as a Designer/Art Director (focused on off-air).
- Strong portfolio exhibiting concept and original design (key art, web and interactive media experience a plus).
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and HTML5 skills (ability to illustrate a plus).
- Experience creating banners / takeover campaigns.
- Portfolio should demonstrate cutting-edge creative that stands out from the clutter, fresh thinking and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Proactive team player and problem solver with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of all phases of production.
- UI/UX understanding, with dedication to maintaining current best practices.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, CSS3, HTML5, Bootstrap, Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with .gif animation and video editing (Final Cut, After Effects, etc.), not mandatory, but a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
**Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization.**