Administrative Operations Manager with XFL in Washington · DC
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
This position is in support of the Team President and leadership team, with the objective of establishing and maintaining efficient and effective internal administration of Fan Engagement business operations and special projects. In this role, you will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities. This individual will help develop, codify and drive compliance with standard operating policies and procedures, help develop KPIs, support special projects, conduct research, lead new operational initiatives, manage/coordinate HR issues and processes, support partner relations and manage the office as well as the schedules of senior staff. This role will be exposed to sensitive and confidential company information and requires reliable and consistent discretion and the ability to employ sound judgment. For the right individual, this is a unique opportunity to learn firsthand what it takes to lead and manage in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The right individual for this job is highly ambitious in his/her pursuit of professional growth and excellence.
What you will do
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Managing the President’s workflow, prioritize schedule and anticipate demands on his time as well as actions/decisions that will require his immediate attention.
- Assess inquiries directed to the President, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate staff member.
- Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings, participating directly in external meetings and following up with the relevant parties when needed.
- Provide members of the Executive Leadership Team critical support in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with internal and external stakeholders, developing and monitoring reports and plans, tracking responsibilities/status and establish effective reporting within the team and to the league.
- Manage special projects and take the lead on initiatives as assigned by the President.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team, assisting the President in facilitating effective decision-making.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and staff services, which may include and are not limited to, bookkeeping, vendor payments and relations, employee benefits, payroll, office environment, travel and event logistics .
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
- Primary interface with the Director of Football Operations to ensure proper information flow between Football Ops and Fan Engagement.
- Primary interface with League Administrative Operations staff for matters involving HR, Finance, IT and Procurement.
What you will bring
- Ability to perform in a high-stress environment that may require time sensitive decisions with imperfect information while exhibiting skill for both strategic and tactical thinking.
- Intuitive and analytical—able to make quick instinctive and calculated decisions.
- Self-starter and team player—demonstrated willingness to take on any work that needs to be done, bringing others along as invested team members.
- Communicative and comfortable working with a range of different stakeholders while building relationships quickly.
- Able to take different kinds of input quickly and effectively sort out action plans.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous—ensuring that the “i”s are dotted, the “t”s are crossed, and that nothing falls through the cracks; demonstrated ability to keep things on track and maintain a high quality of work.
- 5 or more years of previous experience as an assistant supporting senior level executives, including extensive calendar management.
- Strong skills in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours as needed with 24/7 on-call availability.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality in business and personal matters.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?