Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist with XFL in Maryland Heights · MO
Sports Jobs in Maryland Heights · MO
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The St. Louis BattleHawks are seeking a “rock star” to join our growing fan engagement team. The Marketing and Community Engagement Specialist role is one that requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail and a demonstrated passion for football and community involvement. This role will be multi-faceted, combining marketing, community engagement and player relations.
The Specialist will work closely with the Director, Marketing and Community Engagement and the entire fan engagement team to further the reach of our brand and impact on the community in which we live, work and play.
What you will do
- Respond, fulfill and report on donations to local nonprofits, charitable causes and community events.
- Identify beneficial community event activations and sponsorship opportunities, and manage on-site presence, measure success and compile metrics to report.
- Lead certain marketing and/or community engagement programs including, but not limited to, the BattleHawks Kids Club. Handle day-to-day operations and manage any needed staffing, marketing and budgeting.
- Manage community donations requests.
- Organize and assist in fulfillment of all team complimentary tickets to the community and for special programs or initiatives.
- Serve as a quality control agent for all media buys ensuring all deliverables on both ends are met. Work with outlets to obtain metrics in order to measure effectiveness.
- Work with Director, Marketing and Community Engagement to communicate, arrange and execute player or coaching staff appearances in the community.
- Assist in the organization, planning and timely delivery of needed creative for programs, campaigns and other team needs.
- Execute special projects and other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of previous experience in marketing, community relations and/or other related consumer-facing business fields.
- Experience within the sports industry preferred.
- Can-do, flexible attitude and demeanor with good level of business and common sense, and the ability to think on your feet and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and poised in a fast paced, dynamic, high-pressure environment.
- Self-confident, energetic, upbeat, proactive, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent organizational, project management, problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficient skills in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as various Adobe/creative applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed with 24/7 on-call availability.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality in business and personal matters.
- Candidate must exhibit a passion for sports and football.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the company, agency and client organizations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business-related field of study preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
How did you hear about this job?