Senior Director of Marketing Strategy with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn · VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn · VA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales Department Management
The Washington Redskins are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our organization as a Director/Senior Director of Marketing Strategy. We are seeking a strategic thinker, solid manager and problem solver to help manage our existing business and set us up to capitalize on future growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include the following:
· Lead the strategic marketing team
· Ability to identify strategic growth through added inventory, platforms, and partners
· Assist Sales and Partnership Marketing Teams working with their Partners to identify clear and measurable business objectives specific to their goals
· Assist with sponsorship research initiatives for consulting opportunities; and participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
· Develop relevant alliances between partners that capture synergistic effectiveness across multiple platforms and mediums
· Develop and create sales/marketing presentations and sales collateral for the purpose of revenue generation
· Exercise creative skills based in marketing analysis
· Understanding/knowledge of the sports marketing landscape domestically and internationally
· Knowledge of emerging platforms and categories such as streaming, sports betting, esports, etc
· Major Account Management
· Act as a key contact with Naming Rights Partner, maintaining day-to-day relationships between Partners and internal departments
· Co-develop and execute partnership activation plans to effectively leverage assets and capabilities, building partners’ business and delivering on objectives
· Evaluate effectiveness of plans regularly and adjust as needed
· Act as a key contact internally on future development opportunities for the organization
· Serve as primary point of contact with relevant 3rd party vendor providers
· Strong leadership and strategy development skills
· Marketing plan and promotional development and execution experience
· High level client/account service experience preferred
· Ability to view and respond to creative executions ensuring it demonstrates effective marketing and promotional elements
· Superb written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent relationship building skills
· The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
· A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
· Self-motivated and able to push projects through autonomously while also being committed to a collaborative environment and culture
· Familiar with managing multiple projects, schedules, budgets and clients at the same time
· 5-7+ years of experience
· A Bachelor’s Degree required
· Account Management/Brand Strategy experience at an Ad/PR/Marketing agency is highly preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Proficiency in 3rd-party tools (Nielsen Scarborough, Zoomph, etc)
The Washington Redskins offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?