Editorial Internship - Fall 2019 with The Washington Redskins in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins jobs
Sports Jobs in Ashburn, VA
The Washington Redskins are seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual to support the Digital Media department as an intern, with the primary focus on assisting Redskins.com and related digital assets, for the 2019 NFL season. Start/end dates for the internship can be negotiable.
The right individual must take great pride in their work and pay strong attention to detail. Applicant must have a strong writing skills, technical knowledge of digital media and understanding of website standards and digital trends. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work. Needs to be able to work as part of a team or individually. All candidates must be eligible to receive college credits.
- Provide content to assist Redskins.com's operations, including: writing articles and conducting and transcribing interviews
- Create new initiatives-stories, blog posts, photo galleries - - that can be used on Redskins.com
- Support the team's digital media staff with day-to-day duties
- Monitor social media accounts including those of the players and fans along with websites dedicated to the team
- Support the execution of vision and strategy for best-in-class NFL club site
- Research ways to improve the design, navigation and fan experience on Redskins.com and other team microsites
- Track and monitor website analytics and help find areas for improvement
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Assist with other duties as necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Strong knowledge of sports and football
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are required
- Must be able to receive college credit. Completion in course work in the field of journalism, digital media, mass communication or a related field preferred.
- Must provide own means of transportation to Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA and FedExField in Landover, MD.
- Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times
If you wish to do an internship in this dynamic, fast paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?