The Washington Football Team Stadium Security Department at FedExField is hiring an intern for the Summer and Fall of 2021. This internship offers insight and experience during both in-game and non-game days and how technology can be leveraged to effecitvely manage a 24/7 environment.
- The Stadium Security Intern will support the overall 24/7 security department in daily operations and oversight.
- Learn and assist with implementing software and systems used by the organization to keep our employees and guests safe.
- Develop documentation on how software and systems are utilized and assist users with trouble shooting.
- Create and update post orders for security staff coming onto their shifts, analyzing the systems and making recommendations for improvement and executing new initiatives such as a formalized rover patrol system.
- Assist with the setup and implement of programs and systems under the direction of the Director, Stadium Security.
- Assist with the process of planning, implementation, training, and overall monitoring of the staff operations.
- Support Security Agent team by creating and updating daily/weekly documents and reports and sharing the updates with the staff.
- Other security and safety related tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Degree or in process of earning degree in Occupational Safety and Health or a related field is required.
- Interest in Security, ROTC, Law Enforcement or related fields is highly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, and have the ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal format is required.
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook) and have a willingness and ability to effectively learn and navigate different applications.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and deliver information in a group setting is required.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday as well as weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be capable of working both indoors and outdoors and work may include long periods of standing, lifting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be abele to work safely and abide by safety and security protocols.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.