The Washington Football Charitable Foundation Interns will have a valuable impact on our department. Interns will be assigned meaningful tasks that they will see through to completion that would include semester or year-long projects. Interns will be treated like full-time staff members and will not be assigned tasks that a full-time staff member has not completed in prior years. WFCF Interns are an asset to the success of Charitable Foundation community events throughout the year. Interns will be tasked with handling and managing their own events from start to finish. After the internship, Charitable Foundation Interns will be ready to enter the industry full-time.
- Special Event Assistance – Support Charitable Foundation and Community Relations department around the execution of weekly, monthly, and annual programs that focus on education, health and wellness and community outreach as well as assist in the detailed coordination and execution of multiple high-profile fundraising events and initiatives with a primary focus on the in-game 50/50 Raffle, the Annual Welcome Home Luncheon, and Charity Golf Classic.
- Social Media and Promotion – Create thoughtful and engaging posts for the Washington Football Charitable Foundation’s Twitter and Instagram accounts, as well as promotional and marketing strategies for events that are open to the public
- 50/50 Raffle – Assist and execute home game activations for the Washington Football Charitable Foundation inclusive of overall support of the 50/50 Raffle Program
- Donation Fulfillments - Coordinate monthly merchandise and equipment donations including the database management/tracking of all requests, donation fulfillment and inventory management.
- BCA T-Shirt Campaign – Assist Development & Special Events Coordinator with the annual BCA T-shirt Campaign
- Fan Inquiries – Respond to fan requests (fan mail, fan pack requests) via phone, email and mail using outstanding customer support and service.
- My Cause, My Cleats – Assist Development & Special Events Coordinator with the silent auction management, social media content, and communication with represented non-profit organizations
- Silent Auctions – Develop a silent auction strategy for several auction throughout the year, manage item procurement through relationship building with local businesses and organizations, and assist with post auction reconciliation
- Program Tracking – Monitor and update status of school and non-profit programming including, but not limited to, the Washington Reads Program and the Loads of Love Laundry Center Program.
- Research Projects – Assist with researching various youth programs and potential non-profit partners throughout the DC Metro Area.
- Annual Impact Report - Assist with publication’s development, duties include content creation or sourcing, copy-editing etc.
- And other duties as assigned.
Key Skills/Qualifications Required:
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Superb organization, passion for sports philanthropy, strong communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Strong writing skills
- Punctuality and accountability each day
- Impeccable trustworthiness
- Can work independently when given a task and have the focus to follow through & follow up if problems arise
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite proficient)
- Team player, humble enough to handle a variety of tasks; no job beneath them
- Ability to handle physical requirements of the job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting
- Ability to interact with families players, staff, and the community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Prior experience in sports management/community relations/customer service is recommended.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.