Vice President, Partnership Sales- Washington Football Team
The Vice President of Partnership Sales is a key business leader in all phases of marketing with the organization’s blue-chip corporate partners. This role will be integral in the development of the organization’s partnership portfolio and the execution of that portfolio. They will be a proactive leader in the strategic thinking on behalf of multiple partnerships, all of which have different objectives and KPI’s. This role will effectively and efficiently manage multiple personnel within the Partnership Sales Team who are responsible for proactive sales efforts and relationship management. Lastly, this role will work closely with the Strategy and Business Intelligence Teams to implement a data-driven approach to the building of fully-integrated partnerships and reporting of their performance.
This role will report directly into the Chief Partnership Officer and will partner with other VPs across Activation, Strategy, and outside divisions within the organization to ensure full cross-functional success. This role will have a minimum of (3) direct reports.
- Senior leadership amongst a strong sales team with multiple levels of experience
- Weekly reporting on all sales updates into the Chief Partnership Officer and additional Executive leadership
- Understanding of a CRM system to accurately track progress across levels of partnerships
- Budget tracking assistance when applicable to contract terms
- Tracking of employees’ hours and applicable benefits
- Assistance in planning of tentpole events that affect corporate partners
- Proactive approach to marketing within sports beyond traditional thinking
- Development of marketing plans custom to partners objectives and their pre-determined KPI’s
- Proactive thinking against the measures in which the organization will track the performance of our partners investments
- Tracking of categorical benchmarks to ensure the organization is meeting and/or exceeding the marketplace
- Evaluation of league reporting to stay current on all sales and policy efforts that will affect the organization
- Research into trends and best practices both within and outside of clients’ categories to best inform strategic recommendations
- Analysis of the organization’s inventory and the value attributed to those assets, leveraging historical experience and industry trends
- Thought leadership into key planning meetings with the organizations Executive Team. This to include conclusions and recommendations on how to improve both within the division and in other areas.
- Attendance at industry events (virtual and on-site) that the employee feels could be beneficial to the organization
- Oversight of a minimum of (3) sales personnel tasked with generating sponsorship revenue for the organization
- Individual sales goals to ensure direct revenue attribution
- Tracking of a CRM process to ensure all partnerships and prospective partnerships are being accurately tracked and measured
- Development of partnership proposals from initial summaries through full execution
- Collaboration with the organization’s legal team of partnership agreements from initial summaries through full execution
- Relationship-building with top decision makers at corporate companies from initial introductions through execution
- Senior leadership on planning calls with corporate clients (supporting activation personnel as needed)
- Direct communication with corporate clients based on pre-determined cadences and roles within accounts
- Leadership on “home” execution days to ensure all elements are effectively activated
- Assistance in the preparation of away game planning and contractual obligations associated with those plans
- Leadership on planning around team-controlled events outside of the standard league schedule
- Proactive thinking into the analysis of inventory values and how to best incorporate into future proposal presentations
- Analysis of syndicated research tools to best inform corporate clients on planning
- Alignment with the organization’s Business Intelligence team to develop measurement programs on behalf of select clients
- Lead oversight with the organization’s Business Intelligence team to track and report-out to select partners on the performance of their sponsorship investment. Activation team to support day-to-day communications.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in Sports Sponsorship or Sports Marketing industry across property, media, or brand
- Proven track record of sales experience at a top-tier property
- Vast experience in working with brands across different categories
- Experience in developing marketing plans from initial introductions to execution
- Experience in measuring results of marketing investments within sports and reporting them out effectively to key stakeholders
- Experience in working with other departments that are subject matter experts in their specific fields
- Organized. Ability to manage a large work flow and delegate across key team members.
- Exposure to media. Understands the role of traditional and non-traditional media within sports sponsorships.
- Strong connections across all segments of the sports industry
- Excellent verbal communicator. Can lead meetings and discussions with team personnel and clients.
- Excellent written communicator. Can effectively articulate their thoughts to achieve the desired outcome.
- Bachelor's Degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.