Careers | Washington Football Team - WashingtonFootball.com
Marching Band Support Specialist - Washington Commanders (Landover · MD)
Washington Commanders Jobs
Sports Jobs in Landover · MD
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
Washington Commanders Marching Band Support Specialist
Attend all Washington Commanders home football games, rehearsals, and outside performances of the Washington Commanders Music Department to provide general support to the Music Director, the music staff, and the musicians. Work closely with and regularly communicate with the Music Director, Assistant Music Director, and Percussion Instructor to ensure the success of all rehearsals, games, and outside performances by providing operational, logistical, and administrative support. This position reports to the Music Director.
Assist the Music Director with the following duties:
- Assist with the movement of the musicians between the concourse, field, and stands before, during, and after games
- Facilitate the movement and set up of chairs, stands, water coolers, yardage markers, PA equipment, etc. at rehearsals and games
- Move, set up, and strike the conductor’s podium for rehearsals and games
- Ensure that the musicians have what they need during games, such as water, snacks, music, rain ponchos, etc.
- Assist the Associate Music Director in maintaining and inventorying uniforms, instruments, sheet music, etc.
- On occasion, send correspondence on behalf of the Music Department, and interface with vendors, guest artists, and contractors
- Be willing, and able to provide additional support in the areas of running errands both within FedEx Field and around the greater DC area
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written format.
- Time management and organizational skills are required.
- Requires the ability to perform duties that include standing during events, walking and carrying supplies.
- An appreciation of music and experience with bands is strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to work game, event and rehearsal schedule which may include weekends and evening hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you learn about this opportunity?
What is your hourly rate expectation?
This role may have nontraditional work hours including some nights, weekends, and holidays. Are you able to fulfill this requirement?