Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports To: Director, Accounting
Location: Onsite at Ashburn, VA
The Washington Commanders are hiring an Accounts Payable Coordinator who will be responsible for performing and managing varied accounting functions. Functions include but are not limited to receiving and reviewing incoming invoices, set-up of new vendors, processing weekly check runs, assisting with processing of 1099s, vendor spend tracking/analysis, and accounting projects as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes vendor invoice processing and payment timely and accurately. Communication with staff and approvers when necessary.
- Provides accurate and timely information on the status of supplier accounts and transactions to management.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Set up new vendors and manage W-9s.
- Work with other departments to ensure Company policies are being followed as it relates to invoice processing.
- Handles and resolves workflow responses from invoice submitters and approvers.
- Production of monthly reports to assist in the month end close.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on audits and other matters requiring coordination as it relates to Accounts Payable.
- Monthly review and reconciliation of the Accounts Payable Aging Reporting.
- Assist in processing 1099's including collection of updated information.
- Handle and distribute incoming mail and route to appropriate internal contacts.
- Other clerical duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is highly preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years Accounts Payable experience.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking and attention to detail is required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word skills required.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to collaborate effectively across all levels.
- Excellent communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; strong telephone manner and etiquette
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Concur experience is highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.