The Minnesota Vikings are seeking a first level IT Help Desk Technician to provide hardware, software, network and applications problem resolution to staff on a daily basis. This position requires strong customer service and well-rounded technical skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide end user support on hardware, software, and related help desk requests
- Diagnose and resolve problems regarding server, desktop and peripheral hardware and software
- Diagnose and resolve issues for audio/visual systems
- Install, configure, upgrade and deploy personal computer hardware and software, as well as printers, copiers, smart phones, tablets, cabling, and other related equipment
- Provide training and instruction to users
- Other projects as assigned
At least two years of equivalent applicable work experience in a business environment
- IT Degree (Associates or Bachelors) preferred
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts and practices within systems administration, network administration and desktop end-user support
- Knowledge of hardware, software, and voice and data communication systems
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent listening, communication and customer service skills and the ability to execute in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Able to work independently and contribute to the organizational goals
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is fast paced. The person in this position will need to be able to be present in all areas of the facility with short notice.