Research Specialist - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Research Specialist.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
Basic Function: Design and conduct research studies, analyze survey data, create reports and dashboards, provide consumer research support and present insights and recommendations.
Job Function (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Design and conduct research studies, including but not limited to design, create, and consolidate surveys, review and improve survey questionnaires, execute survey campaigns, conduct focus groups, or other research methods to gather data from consumers.
- Build and maintain analytical products in Tableau to measure, monitor and analyze consumer insights, operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, fan experience, and other key metrics scientifically and automatically.
- Be the business analytics owner and project manager in the research, survey, and consumer behavior area. Stay up to date on industry trends and be aware of trends and changes in the market in order to provide relevant and accurate insights to the stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Event Operations and Data Science teams to design the tests or studies that aim at positively nudging consumers and fan behaviors for a better gameday experience as well as better business outcome.
- Collaborate with other research professionals, such as vendors, consultants, third party market research analysts, and NFL league office to conduct more comprehensive research projects.
- Assist with strategic economical analytics projects, such as Market Design, Product Evaluation, Consumer Research, etc.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the SVP, Business Analytics and Insights.
- Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze data and information in order to draw meaningful conclusions from research, as well as proven ability to extract meaningful business insights from data and identify the stories behind the patterns.
- Proven data analytics experience, and ability to handle high pressure situations while still being attentive to the detail and excellent work product.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and storytelling skills using data and data visualization.
- Ability to comprehend and debug complex reporting and dashboarding data sources, customizations, calculations, and products with excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Highly analytical person with strong problem-solving and self-directed learning skills. Having a high level of grit is required.
- Strong project management and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to complete personal goals and as a team member to accomplish department goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
Supervisory Duties: None
Travel Requirements: None
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in designing and conducting research studies, analyzing survey data, creating reports and dashboards, and presenting insights and recommendations.
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience and knowledge of data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker or Power BI.
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience and knowledge of survey tools, such as Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey.
Title: Research Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Business Analytics and Insights
Reports to: SVP, Business Analytics and Insights
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What interests you about this Research Specialist position?
How do you go about designing and implementing a research study?
Describe a time when you successfully executed a research project from start to finish, as well as the business impact.