Partnership Marketing Manager with Houston Texans in Houston, TX
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Partnership Marketing / Corporate Development
Reports to: Senior Director of Partnership Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in corporate fulfillment activities preferred.
- Policy setting capabilities associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Decision making capabilities on routine matters, including budget development and allocation, resource expenditure, staffing levels and policies and procedure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Strategically align partner assets with client partnership goals and business objectives.
- Formulate and execute all fulfillment activities for assigned Club corporate sponsorship accounts as provided in contractual agreements.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Consult with corporate sponsors on how to best align their allotted contractual elements (media, signage, print materials, hospitality, etc.) to achieve designated sponsor SMART goal objectives.
- Ensure all provisions for client benefits contained in corporate sponsorship agreements are fulfilled including, but not limited to, signage, print, media, events, hospitality and onsite activation.
- Communicate effectively with corporate sponsor clients regarding creative activation opportunities at upcoming Club events, initiatives and activities.
- Lead the corporate partner onboarding process, with responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, determining and tracking of measurable criteria for all new Club partners, ensuring all new onboarding requirements are executed within the designated time associated with each task.
- Oversee and lead the comprehensive year-end recap reporting and presentation meeting process with client representatives and appropriate Club staff.
- Manage all aspects of sponsor activation elements at Club home games and marketing events as required.
- Provide significant input into the handling of special requests and development of other promotions and value-added programs to be used across the department.
- Coordinate the implementation and execution of select sponsor gameday benefits such as client hospitality/entertainment and in-game promotions.
- Create and update annually (in time for partner planning meetings scheduled in the spring/early summer timeframe) the Houston Texans Partner Playbook containing various deadlines, specifications, schedules and other pertinent partner information.
- Perform various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Director of Partnership Marketing and/or the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel as may be required for corporate sponsor meetings, department events as well as potential domestic travel associated with Club away games.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
What are the three most important qualities that you believe you would bring to the Texans if we hired you?
Describe your previous work experience and what makes you qualified for the Partnership Marketing Manager position?