Part-time -Video Production Assistant with Houston Texans in Houston, TX
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Hourly Rate: $7.25/Hour
Reports to: Digital Video Coordinator
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Basic level of shooting and editing is preferred.
Basic Function: Assist with the Houston Texans ("Club") video production activities including, but not limited to weekly TV shows and digital video content.
- Knowledge and ability to use digital video cameras and production equipment.
- Familiarity with AVID or Adobe Premiere non-linear editing systems.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with directions given. Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member. Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Videotape and edit Club-related events and activities, including but not limited to player community appearances, corporate sponsor events and mascot and cheerleader appearances for video board use at Club home games as well as for use by television affiliates, the Club website and other production outlets including social media.
- Conceptualize, shoot and edit features for web, television and social media.
- Provide media relations personnel with player/coach sound bites and b-roll to be distributed via FTP as needed.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by Director of TV and Digital Media.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Club by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you comfortable that this position is part-time, with no expectation or guarantee of a full-time position? (Yes/No)
Please provide the days/hours you are available to work most weeks, including weekends.
If applicable, please provide a link to your demo reel.
Are you comfortable with the minimum hourly rate of $7.25/hour? (YES/NO)