Network and Security Manager – Information Technology - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years applicable work experience required.
- Information system network infrastructure, including but not limited to, switch, router, wireless (knowledge of Cisco system required).
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Firewall application such as Palo Alto/Cisco
- Administer Cisco ISE in a complex environment
- Cloud and virtual infrastructure services; Ability to architect, design & deliver network infrastructure solutions for Azure/AWS/ hybrid cloud/Vmware
- Virtual private network (VPN) solutions
- Two factor authentication/Single-sign on integration with multiple platforms (Azure/Okta/Duo)
- Web filtering
- Certificate authority for public key infrastructure (PKI) and secure sockets layer (SSL) management
- Documentation of inventory and lifecycle
- Actively monitor networks/systems and proactively design security measure to lessen the risk of breaches and intrusions
- Required compliance with federal and state regulations including, but not limited to, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and National Football League (NFL) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate expertise with wireless networks (Cisco/Meraki/Extreme)
- Oversee security awareness training to reduce risk to the organization by ensuring users understand and follow our security requirements and behave in a secure manner
- Development and enforcement of information technology (IT) policies and procedure
- Administration of networks and troubleshooting of VoIP systems including Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM)/Ring Central
- Conduct routing security analysis of network components and implement component patches and configuration actions to address security issue
- Management of security service provider services, including, but not limited to:
- Log review (SIEM)
- Vulnerability testing/remediation
- Antivirus/Antimalware (Crowdstrike/Malwarebytes)
- Internal/external pen testing/remediation
- Intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Risk assessment
- File integrity monitoring (FIM)
- Execute incident response management for security incidents
- Authentication, authorization, and security protocols, including but not limited to LDAP, Kerberos, SSL, TLS, and SAML
- Knowledge of security best practices pursuant to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), SANS Institute (SANS) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Act as an escalation point for further assistance with incidents/requests
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Decision making capabilities on significant matters, including budget development and allocation, resource expenditure and policies and procedure.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and integration of the corporate wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) and server architecture for the Houston Texans.
- Also responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policies and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommended industry best practices.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information-sharing environment.
- Work closely with managed security service provider (MSSP) to include, file integrity monitoring (FIM), penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, log management, IDS/IPS.
- Lead the security incident response process.
- Assume full responsibility for establishing and maintaining compliance policies and protocols, e.g., HIPAA, PCI DSS, NFL.
- Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices supporting the WAN and LAN.
- Configure and maintain access controls lists (ACL), virtual local area network (VLAN) and policy-based routing via Cisco applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to network design, data flow, hardware lifecycle, IP and VLAN scheme and support documents (utilizing MS Visio, Word, Excel).
- Install, maintain and manage Cisco wireless infrastructure.
- Perform various other tasks assigned from time to time by Vice President and CIO.
We encourage candidates provide all requested information, including a resume, so the application can be thoroughly reviewed.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you were tasked with finding a user's client application performance issue in an unfamiliar environment, what 3 things would you first check and why?
If a hardwired user at the office is unable to access a frequented legitimate site on the internet for a bank that returns an error "Page cannot be displayed", as part of troubleshooting, what things would you check for on a (Palo Alto) firewall?
If you are configuring a new network and need to segment HIPAA users and HIPAA related servers from the rest of the network, what methods would you use to separate them but still be able to share common resources (DNS, internet, Active Directory, etc.)?
How would you describe the role that IT has in a company?