Internships – Marketing and Community Development 2020-2021 (Year-long) with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
- Marketing Events
- Marketing Advertising
- Community Development
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately June 2020 through May/June 2021.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Previous related experience in marketing, promotions, and event coordination and/or execution preferred.
- Sports and/or entertainment experience preferred
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Texans Gameday Presentation. Coordinate logistics for state flag holder groups for the season. Assist in execution of on-field and in-stadium promotions.
- Assist with all Texans fan development efforts, focusing on the growth of Battle Red Ladies, TOROs Kids Club, and Somos Texans. Duties to include but not limited to, assisting with event coordination, event execution, new membership recruiting, communications, and other marketing efforts.
- Assist in executing youth\high school football outreach initiatives including; Gatorade Jr. Training Camp, Play Safe Football Clinics, Youth Football Camp, and Friday Night Football.
- Assist in the management, coordination, and execution of all grassroots activations pertaining to fan development including; youth, female, Hispanic, and other avid fan groups.
- Assist with creating emails, writing copy, building landing pages and other CRM needs.
- Events/Programs: Fan clubs, Waitlist, contests, regional marketing, cheerleader and mascot appearances.
- Assist Community Relations staff on events and gameday initiatives related to the following NFL platforms: Breast Cancer Awareness, Military Appreciation, PLAY 60, My Cause My Cleats and Inspire Change.
- Assist Marketing Manager, Youth Outreach with coordination and execution of youth football programs including Gatorade Jr. Training Camp, Showcase League, NFL FLAG, InsideOut, Coach of the Week, and other high school football initiatives.
- Maintain player appearance request inbox and voicemail. Assist with player autograph sessions and appearances in the community.
- Support Texans Foundation staff at fundraising events.
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time by the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Community Development, Community Development Director and Managers, Marketing Directors and Managers, and/or other departmental staff members.
- Routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule from May 2020 - June 2021, plus weekends, evenings and holidays? (Yes/No)
Can you find dependable housing and transportation for the duration of the internship? (Yes/No Only)
Please acknowledge your understanding that you are aware that this position is a yearly internship, pays minimum wage and does not guarantee a full-time position at the conclusion of this internship. YES/NO
Please acknowledge your understanding that your application will be considered for internships in Marketing Events, Marketing Advertising and Community Development. YES/NO