Intern – Digital Video (Year-Long) 2021-2022 with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
Title: Intern – Digital Video
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in professional or collegiate sports video production preferred.
- Knowledge of AVID non-linear editing systems and various graphics programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge and ability to use various types of digital video cameras and production equipment. Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality work in accordance with the directions given.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable. Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Shoot and edit Club-related events and activities, including but not limited to player practices, player interviews, press conferences, player community appearances, corporate sponsor events and mascot and cheerleader appearances for video board use at Club home games as well as for use by television affiliates, the Club website and social media.
- Perform gameday duties to include, but not be limited to, producing and editing video footage of pre-game activities, on-field game highlights and post-game press conferences for live video streaming on Club website and social media.
- Conceptualize, shoot and edit features for web, television and social media.
- Provide media relations personnel with player/coach sound bites and b-roll to be distributed via FTP as needed.
- Assist with ingesting, organizing and archiving NFL films and digital video footage.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by the Videographer and Lead producer and Senior Director of TV and Digital Media.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel for events as necessary
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Please provide a link to your demo reel or portfolio.
Do you have any conflicts working M-F 8:30AM - 5:30PM, including game days, weekends, and/or long hours from approximately May 2021 through May 2022?
Please acknowledge your understanding that you are aware that this position is a year-long internship, pays minimum wage and does not guarantee a full-time position at the conclusion of this internship. YES/NO