Intern – Digital Media (Year-long) - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Title: Digital Media Intern
FLSA Status: : Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Digital Media Manager and Content Strategist
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- Prior experience developing a variety of digital or web-related products for a brand or sports organization is preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge/understanding of social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills a plus.
- Ability to be consistently prompt and dependable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours including gamedays, evenings, weekends and holidays as required. Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Basic Function: Assist the Digital Media department, as well as Broadcasting, in developing and maintaining all Club social platforms, content and publications.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Perform general website maintenance activities, including but not limited to data entry, updating transactions, player, coach and staff bios, depth chart, roster, community web pages, section home pages, and corporate partner pages. Help with social media content production, including brainstorming ideas and assisting with content capture, as needed. Assist in trafficking and reporting site and social analytics.
- Publish content for website (articles, press releases, Gameday magazine features, transcripts, photo slideshows, videos, page updates).
- Assist with collection and layout of Texans publications including Yearbook and quarterly bulletins.
- Track best practices among other professional sports teams/leagues, content creators and influencers.
- Provide social coverage on community and corporate events as well as game days, as needed.
- Perform various other duties from time to time as assigned by the Senior Director of Television and Digital Media, Digital Media Producer, Social Media Coordinator or other departmental staff members.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel associated with event preparation and execution. Domestic travel to accompany team on road trips to away games, as needed.
Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
If you have active social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Please provide your social account handles for the following platforms: Facebook Twitter Instagram
Please provide a link to your personal website (if applicable).
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule 8:30AM -5:30PM (along with Various Hours, weekends and evenings as necessary) from approximately June 2021 through May 2022?
Do you live in the Houston Metropolitan area?
Please acknowledge your understanding that you are aware this position is a yearly internship, pays minimum wage and does not guarantee a full time position at the conclusion of this internship?
Can you find dependable housing and transportation for the duration of the internship?