Gameday - Tailgate Ambassador - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Gameday - Tailgate Ambassador.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
- Build a meaningful and lasting relationship with fans on gameday on behalf of the Houston Texans organization through consistent application of exceptional customer service.
- Complete various customer service-related assignments in NRG Stadium parking lots and other NRG Stadium areas.
- Interact with fans prior to, during and after Houston Texans home games to ensure the highest level of customer service is being provided.
- Enforce all tailgating guidelines to enhance our fans overall gameday experience.
- Monitor different Stadium parking lots and document signage and general operational concerns to be called to the attention of supervisor.
- Represent the Club as a source of information for fans on any Club gameday activity.
- Assume ownership in resolving customer service issues.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Event Operations Coordinator.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of, and experience in, applying best-in-class customer service principles.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Walking around and standing for prolonged periods of time in various Club premises in and around NRG Stadium and NRG Park as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Title: Gameday – Tailgate Ambassador
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Operations and Logistics
Reports to: Event Operations Coordinator
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why do you want to be a Houston Texans Teammate?
Would you be comfortable working in an outdoor climate?
Are you okay with being compensated a non-negotiable rate of $9.25/hr.?
Does your schedule allow you to commit to all 15 Houston Texans and Lone Star Sport and Entertainment (LSSE) events during the 2023 season?