Gameday - Parking Gate Agent - Houston Texans
Houston Texans Jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Gameday - Parking Gate Agent.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to being champions in every way.
- Build a meaningful and lasting relationship with fans at Club gamedays and other events through consistent application of exceptional customer service.
- Collect parking fees and/or passes as fans enter the facility parking area.
- Enforce all parking area guidelines to enhance Club fans’ overall gameday experiences and Lone Star Sports and Entertainment (LSSE) events.
- Collect payment and issue parking tickets for cash parking events.
- Collect parking passes from fans at pre-paid parking events.
- Assist in the control of traffic in designated areas.
- Provide excellent customer service, with a positive attitude.
- Represent the Club as a source of information for fans on any Club gameday activity and LSSE events.
- Assume ownership in resolving customer service issues.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Event Operations Coordinator.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Exhibit a fun, friendly customer service-oriented attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with fans and other employees.
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Ability and skill in operating cash register, receiving cash from customers and in conducting basic mathematical transactions.
- Ability to handle customers while providing high standards of efficiency, accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to effectively communicate to customers, clients and other employees of the organization in both one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Walking around and standing for prolonged periods of time in various Club premises in and around NRG Stadium and NRG Park as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Title: Gameday – Parking Gate Agent
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Operations and Logistics
Reports to: Event Operations Coordinator
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Why do you want to be a Houston Texans Teammate?
Would you be comfortable working in an outdoor climate?
Are you okay with being compensated a non-negotiable rate of $9.50/hr.?
Does your schedule allow you to commit to all 15 Houston Texans and Lone Star Sport and Entertainment (LSSE) events during the 2023 season?