Football Data and Applications Developer with Houston Texans in Houston · TX
Reports to: Director of Football Information Systems
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited college or university in Computer Science or Engineering or related field required.
- One to three (1-3) years of application development experience required.
- Strong programming and database fundamentals.
- Ability to read and step through source code, understand programmatic flow and event driven programming models and demonstrate proper use of functions.
- Proficiency with the following: Visual Studio .NET, .Net, Programming Languages (C# or VB) & ASP.NET.
- Proficient with SQL Server: Normalization, solid T-SQL skills and retrieving and maintaining data through stored procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across Football Operations.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and willing to work with little hands-on supervision.
- Proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office applications, with advanced level working knowledge in Microsoft Access.
- Generate ad hoc query results and studies as requested by Football Operations staff.
- Build, maintain and enhance football-related applications utilized by Football Operations staff.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Perform as frontline programming support on College Scouting, Pro Personnel, Salary Cap, and all other football applications.
- Support all Football Operations system integration efforts.
- Import/assign external data and images to players across all Football Operations systems.
- Modify existing databases, queries and forms as necessary.
- Write stored procedures and triggers, develop queries, tables and SSIS packages.
- Ensure database integrity by working with IT data integrity audits, enforcing standards and preventing redundant or duplicate data.
- Design and build integrations for existing applications.
- Actively participate in defining and developing guidance regarding development coding standards.
- Ensure that all application solutions developed satisfy business and technical requirements and that standard testing procedures have been followed.
- Develop, modify, debug, test and deploy new and existing applications and reports.
- Work closely with Director of Football Information Systems and other Football Operations management in designing, developing, creating and maintaining applications.
- Perform various other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Football Information Systems.
- Position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with all Football Operations personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Travel Requirements: Position will require flexibility to travel to some road games in domestic U.S. as may be requested or required.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have relevant work experience with Visual Studio .NET? (Yes/No) If yes, how many years of experience do you have?
Are you proficient with .Net Programming languages (C# or VB) & ASP.NET? (Yes/No) If yes, how many years of experience do you have?
Do you have relevant work experience with SQL Server? (Yes/No) If yes, how many years of experience do you have?
Do you have a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering? (Yes/No ONLY)