Digital Media Intern (Web & Digital Platforms) - Houston Texans
Basic Function: Assist the Digital Media department in developing and maintaining all Club digital and YouTube content and publications.
Job Function (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Perform general website maintenance activities, including but not limited to data entry, updating transactions, player, coach and staff bios, depth chart, roster and landing page requests.
- Create images for articles, videos, podcasts and photo galleries posted to digital platforms
- Post transcripts, press releases, game releases, weekly books, and media advisories when released by PR/Marketing/CR
- Prepare and assist with sending marketing- and business-related emails including Stampede, LUXE, LSSE, corporate sales and suites
- Assist in trafficking and reporting site and YouTube analytics.
- Assist in brainstorming innovative digital ideas and researching emerging technologies.
- Publish content to website (articles, press releases, Gameday magazine features, transcripts, photo slideshows, videos).
- Post videos to digital platforms and generate video thumbnail images, if applicable.
- Track best practices across web app and email platforms.
- Add and organize photos in photo management library and add appropriate search tags.
- Collect, review and summarize marketing activations to drive internal creative processes.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Digital Media Manager and Director of Digital Media.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prior experience in Digital Media, Web Development, Interactive Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Graphic Design or related field.
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Digital Media Manager
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
Are you able to commit to a full-time work schedule which includes weekends, evenings and holidays, as necessary, from approximately September 2023 through May 2024?
Do you understand that this position pays a non-negotiable hourly rate of $12/hr., does not qualify for relocation, and is a temporary position with no guarantee for a full-time offer after May 2024?
If you have active social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Please provide your social account handles for the following platforms: Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
Please provide a link to your personal website (if applicable).