Executive Director, Houston Texans Foundation, Sr. Director of Community Relations - Houston Texans (Houston · TX)
Houston Texans Jobs
Jobs in Houston · TX
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
The Houston Texans are in a season of growth. We are seeking an individual for the position of Executive Director, Houston Texans Foundation, Sr. Director Community Relations.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
Dedication to the team
Passion for work
Passion for work
Win with integrity
Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Basic Function: Lead the Houston Texans community relations and Houston Texans Foundation efforts as Champions for Youth in the greater Houston area. Leading these efforts includes community programming, community partnerships, and fundraising.
Job Function (Duties & Responsibilities):
Community Programming Responsibilities:
- Community Partnerships - Further develop and lead the relationships with current and future community partners including The Boys & Girls Club, The Houston Food Bank, the Houston Texans YMCA, and The United Way
- Corporate Partnerships - Develop and lead community strategy in collaboration with the Texans Corporate Partnerships team, Corporate Partners, and Community organizations. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Texans Community and Foundation team with Corporate Partners.
- Programming – Continue to lead local NFL initiatives including Salute to Service, Crucial Catch, Inspire Change, and more.
- Club Clauses - Create vision and lead club local initiatives including Small Business Boost, B.O.L.D. Awards, Texans Care Volunteer Days, and crisis community support.
Houston Texans Foundation Responsibilities:
- Fundraising - Lead and manage the P&L of the Houston Texans Foundation including revenue generation and expense management, resulting in significant financial annual contributions back to the Houston community
- Board – Actively leads the process of identifying and soliciting individuals for Advisory Director positions and other partnership opportunities that may be beneficial to the Foundation
- Governance – Along with the Board of Directors, drive the overall direction of the Foundation to ensure oversight, strategic planning, decision-making and financial planning fall under governance guidelines
- Events - Direct and ideate revenue generating events including but not limited to formal functions/parties, golf tournaments, auctions, VIP experiences and more.
- Gameday - Lead and inspire the 50/50 functions including staff, technology, and revenue forecasting.
- Grants - Create grant writing and grant application strategy to generate revenue and grant funding back to the Houston community
- LSSE - Lead the execution of all Lone Star Sports & Entertainment (LSSE) fundraising events, e.g., Gridiron Legends Golf Tournament, Team Luncheon, all gameday auctions and various other fundraising initiatives
- Partnership Management - Help create lasting memories for these groups whether it be on-field experiences, meet and greets, and more.
- Partnership hosting - Ensure guests are having a great VIP gameday from entry, during the game, and post-game.
- 50/50 Leadership - Lead a team of 30-40 (50/50) sellers who will be responsible for achieving gameday revenue goals for the Foundation.
- Fundraising generation - Aside from 50/50, the Executive Director will develop new ways to generate gameday revenue for the Foundation. By studying other teams’ best practices and developing new ideas on our own, the Executive Director will be responsible for ideating, operating, and evaluating new revenue generation opportunities.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the SVP, Marketing & Communications.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to drive revenue and manage expenses in a fiduciary manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across different mediums such as in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to think creatively to identify new and different ways to promote a business, individual, initiative, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a positive, winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Routine local travel as may be required for production and occasionally road travel to support community partners and fundraising on away games as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 10-15 years in a community facing role in Community Relations at a Professional Sports team, a 501(c)/501(c)3 Non-Profit Foundation or Government Affairs.
- Strong management background leading community efforts in and/or out of sports, with a proven track record of promotion and increasing responsibility.
Title: Executive Director, Houston Texans Foundation, Sr. Director Community Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Houston Texans Foundation/Community Relations
Reports to: SVP, Marketing & Communications
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your compensation expectations for this role?