Turf Intern with Minnesota Vikings in Eagan · MN
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
The Minnesota Vikings are accepting applications for a full-time (40+ hours per week) Seasonal Turf Interns for the football season of 2020. The Internships will run from June of 2020 to the end of the season (December or January of 2021). This Internship includes all aspects of professional football field maintenance at the Viking’s practice facility in Eagan MN and U.S. Bank Stadium. The scope of work will include, but is not limited to: sodding, mowing, overseeding, irrigation management, fertilization, field layout, painting and topdressing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform landscape maintenance including; mowing, fertilizing, trimming, weed management, irrigation and pruning
- Operate small landscape machinery including lawnmowers, trimmers and other miscellaneous equipment
- General maintenance to landscape equipment – filling gas, change oil/fluids and adding lubricants
- May perform other facility and building maintenance as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass Management preferred or related experience
- Ability to work long hours including evenings, weekends and holidays in an outdoor environment is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and operate heavy machinery
This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
- This is a physical job that requires standing, frequent lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, bending, digging, squatting on a daily basis
- Position will require the ability to operate a variety small machinery
- The duties of this position are outdoors 50-90% of the day, depending on the season, working in all weather conditions is required
This position will be outdoors and indoors, on the field and grounds of TCO Performance Center and at U.S. Bank Stadium, and possible other locations for training and other duties.
How did you hear about this job?