Editorial Assistant - Minnesota Vikings (Eagan · MN)
Minnesota Vikings Jobs
Jobs in Eagan · MN
Communications/Community Relations: Writer/Editorial
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Vikings.com Editorial Team is seeking a full-time seasonal editorial assistant who would assist with gathering and creating content for multiple platforms. The primary placement of content will be for Vikings.com and the Vikings Playbook programs for home games.
The candidate will cover home games in-person at U.S. Bank Stadium, as well as practices at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center. Media availabilities are likely to be a combination of in-person and virtual sessions. Coverage of road games will be done virtually.
This is a temporary/seasonal position that will begin August 2023 and conclude February 2024, unless otherwise determined (exact start/end dates TBD).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Writing news stories and football features for Vikings.com and the Vikings Playbook game program.
- Assisting with coverage of community events (attending and recapping).
- Working with other groups within the Vikings Entertainment Network on content collaboration.
- Adhering to multiple deadlines for content.
- Plan and execute content (some guidance will be provided).
- Quickly understand the approach to covering the team implemented by VEN.
- Protect sensitive information until it is cleared to be published.
- Respect players and coaches with professionalism.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excel in various types of storytelling (breaking news, features, coverage of community events and initiatives, longform, analysis).
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of football concepts and an ability to explain them to fans of different levels.
- Demonstrate solid grammatical and spelling skills, as well as an understanding of AP Style.
- Be able to meet deadlines with necessary timeliness.
- Manage time efficiently to work on multiple projects at once.
We are eager to fill this position and would love to see your work as soon as possible! To try out for the team, please provide upload three writing samples, along with your resume. Candidates who do not provide samples will not be considered.
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to navigate stadium
- Ability to withstand the elements outdoors; practices can occur in the elements (training camp can be quite warm; sometimes there’s rain; sometimes there’s cold weather during in-season practices)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours, on-site events
OUR DEI Commitment:
The Minnesota Vikings are committed to creating and sustaining a culture for you. Whoever you are, we are an organization that embraces and empowers people of all backgrounds and experiences and incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into the foundation of everything we do. We are proud to have a culture that empowers our people to harness their uniqueness to develop their full potential as a contributor to the success of the organization and the communities we serve. The Minnesota Vikings are an equal opportunity employer, and we continue to commit to creating equitable opportunities by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
I understand that my application will not be reviewed via TeamworkOnline and I MUST apply through Vikings ADP Career Center?