Associate Counsel - Minnesota Vikings (Eagan · MN)
Minnesota Vikings jobs
Sports Jobs in Eagan · MN
Legal: General Counsel/Contractual Law
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide variety of commercial contracts including sponsorship and premium suite agreements, event agreements, employment contracts, consulting agreements, NDAs, technology agreements and various vendor contracts.
- Draft and update various contract templates for use by the legal team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of efficient contract processes.
- Research various legal/regulatory issues; provide clear and concise summaries, recommendations and guidance to internal staff.
- Develop expertise in the areas of sweepstakes, contests and promotions; draft associated rules and provide guidance to staff on legal requirements.
- Develop knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, laws, current practices and new developments relating to professional sports, the NFL and its member clubs.
- Assist with document production and discovery for litigation matters.
- Develop understanding of NFL ticketing requirements, personal seat licenses and associated legal issues to assist internal personnel in the development and implementation of sales initiatives.
- Assist in the protection, licensing and use of trademarks and other intellectual property.
- Develop deep understanding of team’s risk mitigation and insurance practices, including the drafting of insurance related contractual provisions as well as the review and processing of COIs.
- Draft, review and manage waivers/releases for events and activities.
- Assist with the handling of workers compensation claims in collaboration with outside counsel and football staff.
- Work with HR and legal team to review, update and develop internal employee guides and policies.
- Perform all other special projects or duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High level of personal integrity and professional ethics
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven understanding of the business imperative around inclusivity and diversity
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, manage workflow and complete projects under time pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to continuously learn, develop, improve and accept new challenges
- Growth mindset, empathy, grit, adaptability, resilience and collaboration demonstrated through prior experiences
- Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and associated computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with appropriate sensitivity and discretion
- Willingness to work longer work hours and on weekends when necessary
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials
- Licensed to practice and bar membership in good standing
- Minimum of two(2) years of experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiating with strong foundation in corporate law
CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS: This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
- The ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office for regular office hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you willing to relocate?
What are your salary requirements?
Are you legally able to work in the United States?