In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for leading the day-to-day functions of the finance and accounting operations of the Miami Dolphins and its related entities. The role requires someone who is self-starting, meticulous, and ambitious.
- Lead the month-end close process, including preparation and/or review, as appropriate, of all monthly journal entries, revenue recognition, and all account reconciliations associated with the Miami Dolphins
- Oversee the full revenue cycle accounting of team and stadium partnership revenue as well as related management and NFL reporting
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of support for year-end external audits and annual income tax returns
- Support the finance team, when needed, in the preparation of event settlements
- Develop an understanding of key financial processes to be able to suggest and implement improvements
- Willingness to work on other ad hoc projects and analyses as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA, CPA candidate, or Big 4 experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Detail oriented, ambitious, organized, team player
- Experience working with Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations, Concur, and KORE systems a plus
- Strong Work Ethic – Self-directed and goal-oriented; Available to work extended hours as required
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others; Works well in a team environment
- Communication Skills – Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively; Presents numerical data effectively
- Confidentiality –Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs with advanced strength in Excel
- Seeking Continuous Improvement – Adept at learning new software; Confidently engages with technology
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.