The Construction & Capital Project Accountant will work on the finance & accounting team for the Miami Dolphins & Hard Rock Stadium.
The main focus of the role will be accounting for all construction costs for the new training facility and other capital projects and initiatives at Hard Rock Stadium. The position will also be responsible for budget to actual reporting to the CFO and the VP of Construction on all construction related projects. Other accounting projects will be assigned as part of this role, but the primary focus will be on construction costs and fixed assets. Ideal candidate will have an accounting degree, advanced Excel experience, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and effective communication to various constituents across all parts of the business.
- Review of invoices for coding and approvals and process through A/P
- Identifying need for self-assessing sales tax
- General ledger posting and review in Great Plains
- Projected vs Actual on project accountings
- Review of fixed assets and depreciation
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance & Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
Detail oriented, ambitious, organized, team player
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Strong Work Ethic – Available to work extended hours including nights and weekends as required
- Communication Skills – Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism – Acts with professionalism and possesses the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others, works well in a team environment
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes work activities and uses time efficiently
- Adaptable – Adjusts to change in the work environment and manages competing demands
- Dependable – Consistently at work on time, follows instructions, and responds to manager’s instructions
- Confidentiality – Maintains confidentiality and work with sensitive or proprietary information
- Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs with advanced strengths in Excel and PowerPoint, ideally experienced in Great Plains as well
- Seeking Continuous Improvement – Adept at learning new software and confidently engaging with technology
The Miami Dolphins & Hard Rock Stadium are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers maybe contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.