Analyst, Analytics and Consumer Insights - Los Angeles Rams (Agoura Hills · CA)
Every year the Los Angeles Rams bring together millions of fans across the country and around the world as we play for the chance to be named the best team in the NFL. But the Rams are about much more than just football. We are about the legacy of fandom that brings together generations of families year after year, we are about the excitement of sport and live events - an experience that cannot be replicated, we are about our community and making a meaningful impact in the world around us and we are about our city of Los Angeles and ensuring we embody and represent the diversity and uniqueness of this city. As an organization we strive to make our city better by connecting people through sport, both on and off the field. With the return to Los Angeles and the opening of SoFi Stadium, the Rams are at an exciting stage of growth and looking for passionate individuals looking to help us grow.
The Rams are looking for an Analyst if Analytics & Consumer Insights. This role will manage the recurring suite of analytical dashboards and insights projects for marketing, media, sponsorship, and other internal partner teams. This person will help provide data-driven insights and help drive overall effectiveness of data-driven strategies. As such, this person should be comfortable handling large datasets and have previous experience delivering reports. An ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
To be considered for this role, a candidate must have proven expertise in identifying relevant metrics, data tracking, and reporting.
- Collect data for a recurring suite of dashboards to monitor performance and identify trends of all facets of Rams marketing and media initiatives
- Help improve, build, and publish these dashboards
- Identify trends from 1st and 3rd party data sources
- Pull data and provide insights into consumer behavior/attitudes/demographics/etc.
- Assist in research studies (focus groups, quantitative surveys, etc.)
- Be the champion of the test-and-learn methodology by identifying campaigns, areas to improve effectiveness, and testing - compiling and logging test results, and presenting findings to teams
- Evaluate fan loyalty, effectiveness of fan loyalty programs, and fan loyalty reinvestment models
- Build predictive and performance statistical models to understand fan likelihood to produce desired outcomes, optimize marketing and media approaches, construct fan segment schemas, and forecast future results
- Identify gaps in the Rams ability to build and leverage analytics, to include gaining buy-in for new approaches and tools, training others in the organization on approaches/tools, and vendor management
- Take initiative in reviewing marketing and media materials for ways to optimize future efforts, providing actionable, data-driven support for your recommendations
- Conduct fan research (focus groups and surveys) to track brand awareness, guest experience, new products/concepts, and similar
- Partner in an analytics capacity with other teams throughout the organization to give a holistic view to Rams organizational performance
- Create projections and success metrics for future marketing activations and evaluate the effectiveness of activations once concluded
- Other analytics and team duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Business, Marketing, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar)
- 1+ years of experience in analytics and/or research, with an emphasis on marketing or media performance
- Experience with common reporting software (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Domo, etc.)
- Experience with common digital analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases and data extraction software (e.g. SQL, SAS, Q, etc.)
- Experience building statistical models
- Specialization working within large datasets to compile fan/customer segmentation schemas and segment-level insights
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Excel and Access experience preferred
- Experience working extracting, cleansing, and formatting customer audiences for analytical purposes
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks concurrently based on larger goals
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting with all levels of the organization
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays