Game Day Intern
The Massachusetts Pirates are a professional football team competing in the Indoor Football League and are entering our 5th season! Our team is growing and we would love to add you to it.
This is a part-time, seasonal position, and the ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about working in the sports industry. Season runs from March - August in 2023.
This part-time position is unpaid but has an opportunity for school credit. Our hours are flexible and the ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about working in a customer-facing role with strong interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available for all (7) Pirates home games at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA (plus any home playoff games)
- Work with Director of Game Day Operations in activation of game day programming for all 7 home games + playoffs
- Support department with tasks assigned by the Director of Game Day Operations
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by Senior Leadership.
- Available for odd hours including nights and weekends.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in live-event production
- Proven leadership and self-starter skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to multitask
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.