ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create content for social media and website. Write articles / create graphics / video productions to be shared.
- Present ideas weekly (at minimum) for creative and editorial content and execute approved concepts under strict deadlines.
- Create and maintain Media Guide, write articles to be distributed to media/websites/social media, press releases
- Write content for game programs, Player bios, Team Rosters, Game preview, prepare weekly game notes. Flip Cards
- Write and run of show for press conferences / media days
- Create Weekly video content for games and social media shares.
- Community Relations, manage player, mascot and cheerleader appearances
- Set up and oversee Game day media. Press box, Media center for post game press conference.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
- Open to college seniors (recent grads or graduate students encouraged to apply).
- Journalism, communications, marketing, or public relations majors preferred.
- Extensive experience utilizing social media programs primarily Twitter Facebook and Instagram.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, Photoshop/Illustrator, and PowerPoint. Adobe In-Design knowledge a plus.
- Excellent communications skills including oral, written and presentation; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage competing demands, frequent changes and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative, own responsibilities, and raise standard of excellence.
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, a quick learner, possess an eye for sharp attention to detail.
- Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player who is willing to work both together and individually on creative projects.
- Ability to work well with different personalities as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willingness to try new ideas.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle media in any situation, both good and bad.
- Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
- Must be able to confidently contact members of the media, team staff, players and coaches in an articulate manner.
Expected Schedule Commitment:
- Minimum office requirements include all Monday- Friday and some weekends
- Days and hours per day can be determined on a case by case basis but generally are 9am-5pm.
- When needed, ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays due to the nature of professional sports.
- If needed, the ability and willingness to do light travel which may include away games, training camps, regular season games, League special events, and related marketing events outside of games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.