In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Nothing is more powerful and gratifying than being a part of something bigger than yourself. Bring your dedicated purpose and undeniable passion to the Indianapolis Colts: we are on a journey to build the best organization in football. People are our greatest assets and we're looking for MVPs!
The Indianapolis Colts are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a full-time, season-long Mascot Program Internship position within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Mascot Program Intern will report to the Mascot Program Manager and work closely with the Mascot Coordinator in scheduling appearances, helping with video and social media content, administrative duties of the department, and serving as a back-up for appearances, as needed.
The Indianapolis Colts Mascot Program Intern will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Colts Mascot Department to implement programming and content that enhances fan engagement and outreach while supporting the organization’s mission to entertain, inspire and unite by winning the right way. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn the dynamics of the character, Blue, from the Mascot Program Manager in order to serve as a back-up performer, as needed
- Assist with appearances with Blue and Colts Marketing events and programs
- Help with the planning and creation of promotional elements for the program (i.e. Colts.com stories and updates, press releases, social media videos and posts, etc.)
- Assist with scheduling appearances and school shows
- Manage Blue’s email for fan mail and other requests
- Track media coverage and social media analytics for Blue
- Assist Blue on game days (skits, fan interaction, t-shirt tosses, etc.)
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a mascot is required; collegiate mascot experience is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills – written and oral
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Outlook
- Videography and editing experience is preferred
- High energy, positive attitude with a creative and outgoing personality
- Commitment to teamwork, as well as ownership of individual responsibility
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and organized with the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Available to work nontraditional hours and thrive in a fast pace, ever changing environment
- Passionate about working in sports and entertainment
- Aptitude and a willingness to continually learn
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a company vehicle
- Available to work nights and weekends, including all Colts home games
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.