The Part-Time Security Specialist will be responsible for property security and asset protection throughout the buildings and property at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a subsidiary of the publicly-traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
- Provide general safety and security at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls.
- Ensure that visitors of Hall of Fame Village have a top-notch guest experience.
- Direct the response to complaints, security breaches, internal theft/control issues, etc. through thorough incident investigation, communication, and documentation.
- Assisting Guests and staff with vehicle problems such as dead batteries and flat tires.
- Monitoring Campus Fire Suppression Systems.
- Monitoring Campus Alarm Systems.
- Patrolling Buildings and/or general guard routes.
- Responding to calls for service regarding unruly guests/staff.
- Responding to calls for service including but not limited to assault, vandalism, trespassing, theft, etc.
- Assisting guests to find their way, as well as reuniting lost persons on campus.
- Taking possession of lost property and properly documenting and items put into lost and found.
- Interviews witnesses and obtains signatures as needed.
- Possess a strong working relationship external clients and organizations
- All other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- One year of prior experience working in security, criminal justice, law enforcement, or military.
- Have the ability to stand, walk, and move about the campus on flat surfaces, stairways, and in construction zones with ease.
- Have a familiarity with report writing and possess the ability to document all shift details as needed.
- Ability to monitor several video screens at once.
- Active CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.