The Grounds Crew will be responsible for assisting with the overall upkeep of the outdoor assets and other general duties at Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly-traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The Grounds Crew will work with our operations teams to ensure the best presentation and maintenance of the grounds.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Operate lawn and grounds equipment including push and heavy mowers, snow blowers and plows (stand-on and UTV), weed eaters, backpack leaf blowers, and other related power equipment.
- Mow and maintain grassed areas within campus guidelines.
- Trim and edge all sidewalks, and around landscaped bed edges, tree rings, buildings, and structures.
- Backpack blow all debris from sidewalks, landscaped beds, and around buildings and structures following mowing and edging.
- Maintain sidewalks and parking lots during winter months to keep free of snow and ice through use of shovels, snow blower, stand-on plow, UTV with plow, and salt spreader.
- Maintain a perimeter free of trash and debris along all curbs, fence lines, and parking lots throughout campus during all seasons.
- Hand pull weeds and trash from landscaped beds, turfed fields, cracks and crevices in hard surfaces along curbs and fence lines throughout campus, spraying herbicide and pertinent chemicals when necessary.
- Aerate and over-seed towards the end of growing season.
- Perform spring cleanup of debris throughout campus to promote spring growth.
- Prune and trim shrubs and trees throughout campus, as necessary.
- Mulch and rake landscaped beds throughout campus, as necessary.
- Cut back all perennials after blooms and foliage are finished for the season in the fall.
- Perform field conversions for football, soccer, and lacrosse throughout campus.
- Operate machinery to line and paint for both turf and grass fields.
- Scrub turf fields, where necessary, to convert fields from sport to sport.
- Perform maintenance of campus irrigation system including preventative maintenance, replacement of heads, broken pipes, winterization when necessary.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown for events throughout campus.
- Assist other departments with various tasks, when necessary and appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
PART TIME / HOURLY / NON-EXEMPT
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A valid drivers license with a motor vehicle record in compliance with agency standards.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to spend most of the day outside and on your feet in extreme weather conditions.
- Must work well with others and independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to balance many projects at once.
- Must have the ability to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Conduct self in a professional manner both in personal appearance and attitude.
- Represent the Hall of Fame Village in a professional manner.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous or hazardous situations.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be able to hear, see, and speak.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship:Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity:Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results:Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration:Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility:Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development:Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution:Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Company has three business divisions. Hall of Fame Village Media creates engaging original content across a variety of mediums. Gold Summit Gaming centers around developing immersive eSports, fantasy sports, and sports betting experiences. Hall of Fame Village is a 100-acre multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village is a multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus in Canton, Ohio. The Village features over 100 acres of immersive experiences to dine, shop, and be entertained and includes 8 different venues. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a world-class 23,000 seat, sports and entertainment stadium with luxury suites, rooftop cabanas, and other premium spaces for private, corporate, and special events. ForeverLawn Sports Complex is home to a wide array of tournaments with its seven turfed multipurpose fields with tournament quality lighting and hospitality, ticketing, and coaching/classroom/medical building. Center for Performance is the largest inflatable domed facility in the country and provides year-round capacity for events of all kinds. Constellation Center for Excellence is a 75,000-square-foot mixed-use facility for sports-centric research and programming, office, and retail space. Fan Engagement Zone is an 82,000-square-foot sports and entertainment-themed retail promenade. Play Action Plaza comprises 3.5 acres of green space adjacent to the Fan Engagement Zone that includes amusement rides, an outdoor amphitheater, bar area with patio, space for food trucks, a walking path, and the largest man-made water feature in Ohio. Currently under construction are a 144,000 sq. ft. football-themed waterpark and a seven-story, 130,000 sq. ft Hilton Tapestry Hotel. Phase III is currently in planning stages. For more information, visit www.HOFVillage.com
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.